Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » what was the last game you played? (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: what was the last game you played?
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh, push the button. Or keep the guy near you for proximity talk.

[ 22.10.2007, 07:20: Message edited by: Tilde ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought Enema Territory: Cake Whores for the PC for £1 from Cash Converters. GAME had it for £29.99. I'm not sure I actually want it, though...
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pound!
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's cheap alright.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know you can haggle in Cash Converters. I recommend going back and trying to get 25p back.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Did you know you can haggle in Cash Converters. I recommend going back and trying to get 25p back.

I think I'll try the game out tonight, but after the inevitable pwning, I'll probably trade it in at Gamestation against something for the Wii. Talking of which, is there anything good out on the magickal wagglebox at the moment?
MiscellaneousFiles

A human being told me about a game called Soopapapah Marry Ø the other day.

Anyone got it? Played it?

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paper Mario is probably OK, I don't know as I've not bothered to buy it yet.

On Friday we get Metroid Prime which is probably the first "must buy" game that has been out for quite a while as apparently it's a fantastic control method for a FPS. Unfortunately I won't be able to buy it this Friday as one of my "friends" has been inconsiderate enough to have planned his 30th birthday do for the same weekend as Metroid comes out so I'll have to get it after that.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks good. Not played it.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39

[ 23.10.2007, 06:18: Message edited by: SilverGinger5 ]

MiscellaneousFiles

I didn't play Cake Whores last night. It looked way too intimidating. I worried that perma-gamer children would hurt me with their virtual weapons and words. Online gaming is wrong and I don't like it (apart from racing cars).
Fionnula the Cooler
Tags are meant to be funny
 - posted      Profile for Fionnula the Cooler           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy. Portal. Best game I've played all year. Very short - sometimes feels like a demo of what could have been a much bigger game - but it gradually transforms from a series of original but basic environmental puzzles into this weird, hilarious, unnerving piece of brief videogame narrative. You begin to catch glimpses of things that feel entirely out of place - like if you were watching a film and the camera occasionally drifted away from the scripted action and accidentally filmed bits of studio, crew, equipment - and the concluding two or three levels (much longer than those preceding them) acquire a kind of chilling urgency as your compulsion to unpuzzle your way through each area combines with your eagerness to unravel just what the fuck this game is all about. Portal alone is worth the price of the whole of the Orange Box stuff. Seriously. Everyone play! If, you know, you haven't already.
Fionnula the Cooler
Tags are meant to be funny
 - posted      Profile for Fionnula the Cooler           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH I SEE BENWAY'S ALREADY PLAYED IT
Hades
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Hades           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've rediscovered Brain training on the DS. I bought it about a year ago, played it for about 2 weeks then left it at the bottom of a draw for a whole year. But it’s nicely occupying my journey to work now.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope it has a section on how to spell 'drawer'

sorry..

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I downloaded Portal through Steam, so I didn't even have to pay the whole price of the Orange Box. Anyway! Fionulla and Benway are bang on the money, it's an absolutely fantastic game, incredibly satisfying to play and as has already been stated, a tremendous piece of narrative. Also, probably the funniest game I've ever played - I've got a weird crush on that female computer that I don't quite know how to approach. She's probably the best character in any computer game and I love her deeply.

So! Yeah. Portal. Absolutely marvellous. It is short, but then... Doom 3 was 20 hours long and that was a tedious grind. Even at two hours it's still new and captivating enough to keep you thinking about it for days. Everyone should play Portal. It's one of the all time greats.

Ringo

Did you ever play the game upon which it's based, Narbacular Drop?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by Fionnula the Cooler:
OH I SEE BENWAY'S ALREADY PLAYED IT

of course. Have you finished HL2 yet? That is also super awesome, compared to ep 1 for example. Feels very epic.

I nearly opened Team Fortress, but I'm scared.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
played the demo of guitar hero 3 a couple of times yesterday. Feels different. The way they've done the 'notes' feels like you're connecting to the music more than in guitar hero 2. I enjoyed it a lot, although it seems like it might be slightly harder than gh2, and I can't even get half way through hard mode on that.

[ 25.10.2007, 05:30: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Ringo

Are you able to use a mouse and keyboard with Halflife 2 et al on the X360, or do you have to use the controller like a twat
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
you can't use mouse and keyboard with a 360.

Really, what difference does it make though. I played Halo 3, Oblivion, and Rainbow Six on the console with no problems, and I've only ever used mouse and keyboard for previous fps games. It's fine, either way. I've been playing the orange box on pc for graphical goodness.

[ 25.10.2007, 11:37: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Ringo

You can play them and you can complete them. You can even become reasonably proficient with a controller. But you'll never be as fast or as accurate with a controller as you can be with a mouse.

You remember that night, Benway, that night where we were playing that game. I forget what it was called because it was the first time I had ever played it. Well the way in which i handed your ass to you in such an epic fashion. No matter how good I got with a controller, I'd never be able to be that good. And that just bugs me is all.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
if everybody else is playing it using a controller then it doesn't matter does it.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
also, I wouldn't take thrashing me at UT2004 to be a sign of being good. You could be very very average and still pound me on that.
Ringo

It's hard to explain. I just miss the feeling of using a mouse and keyboard. That's why I don't bother with games like GRAW or Rainbow6. They're great games I'm sure, but I just don't like playing with a controller. In the same way I don't like playing racing games with a keyboard. It's not about having a competative edge, it's about that sensation of 'oneness' with your input device.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Oh well, I'm sure you're coping.
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
also, I wouldn't take thrashing me at UT2004 to be a sign of being good. You could be very very average and still pound me on that.

I didn't just thrash you though did I. I absolutely schooled you. I mean, I got a flawless victory. It gave me both the 'flak monkey' and 'godlike' announcements. It's actually not possible to beat someone more comprehensively than I beat you that night. Thrashing is far too soft a term. You'd have been just as utterly beaten if you'd just gotten up and walked away from your keyboard.

Edit - I mean I mean I mean

[ 25.10.2007, 11:52: Message edited by: Ringo ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
woah dude.... is that like, your proudest moment or something?
Ringo

Yes
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
It's hard to explain. I just miss the feeling of using a mouse and keyboard. That's why I don't bother with games like GRAW or Rainbow6. They're great games I'm sure, but I just don't like playing with a controller.

I've played through both of the games you mentioned with mouse and keyboard on the PC, and I'm planning to play Gears or War when it comes out for Windows in a couple of weeks. As I've said before, I can't imagine playing this sort of game with a gamepad. Saying that, I do have a 360 controller and a Dual Shock hooked up to my PC for the occasional non-sim driving game, and arcadey things like Virtua Tennis.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
that's embarrasing. For you.
Ringo

I'm ok with it.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
that's embarrasing. For you.

Not really. Virtua Tennis is a pretty great game.

[ 25.10.2007, 11:59: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
yeah the first time I was handed Halo on the xbox I was like Naw Man - I couldn't cope with how long it took me to turn around, and how much harder it was to get a good aim quickly. But then, they're just differences. It turns those problems into tactical elements, and for my money, makes a headshot even sweeter.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
this Rock Band game is looking more and more interesting.

quote:

Rock Band is all about living the fantasy of rock and roll star, and the website will carry that fantasy even further. Plans include customizable personal and band web pages complete with blogs and statistics pulled directly from the game, a classified section to help find band mates online, and a photo creator that will let you create cheesy promo shots of yourself and your band.

I'm looking forward to playing this, although I suppose I'll either be playing it by myself, forcing louise to play it and making her hate me, or ending up in a 'band' with a bunch of 14 year old truants from scotland. Maybe this is the push I need to finally kill myself.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+