Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » what was the last game you played? (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: what was the last game you played?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
...ending up in a 'band' with a bunch of 14 year old truants from scotland. Maybe this is the push I need to finally kill myself.

Don't do anything rash. There's a chance that one day your 'band' might be good enough to support Interloper!
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as long as all you require is a bunch of misfits pressing brightly coloured buttons in time to a pre-recorded piece of music.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
acutally, maybe Interloper should be supporting us.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
It's not about having a competative edge, it's about that sensation of 'oneness' with your input device.

I know what you mean, for me the Wii controller is the ultimate in FPS that i've experienced so far, all the speed and accuracy of a mouse when aiming, with the intuitiveness of a controller in terms of which buttons to click, and if you hold the remote in the right way it's very similar to how you'd hold a gun, trigger and all.
Fionnula the Cooler
Tags are meant to be funny
 - posted      Profile for Fionnula the Cooler           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fionnula the Cooler:
OH I SEE BENWAY'S ALREADY PLAYED IT

of course. Have you finished HL2 yet? That is also super awesome, compared to ep 1 for example. Feels very epic.
Half Life 2's all right. I'm not really one for helicopters and tanks and speedboats with mounted guns and stuff. Though I remember loving the original Half Life years ago. I dunno. To be honest it's kind of boring me. I'm stuck in Ravenholm with barely any ammo left and I can't find any shrapnel to use with the gravity gun against enemies. Plus I've spent the last 24 hours playing Metroid Prime 3 and that's about all my gaming brain cares about right now because it's quite, quite brilliant.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I meant...HL2 Ep2. Not HL2, which we all finished years ago. Sorry.
Fionnula the Cooler
Tags are meant to be funny
 - posted      Profile for Fionnula the Cooler           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's all play TF2. Does everyone have the PC version?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I do
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crysis demo. Bloody hell!
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I presume that crysis would spank my 320mb 8800gs / 2x 5600 64 / 4g ddr2.

Doesn't it need quad core + sli GTX's, or something equally ridiculous?

[ 29.10.2007, 12:03: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
I presume that crysis would spank my 320mb 8800gs / 2x 5600 64 / 4g ddr2.

Doesn't it need quad core + sli GTX's, or something equally ridiculous?

I've only got a 256MB 8600GTS (overclocked), Core2Duo E6450 (overclocked) and 2 gigs of RAM, but I've got it to play smoothly on mostly "medium" and a couple of "low" graphics settings. To run it on max, you'd probably need something costing over £2k, yes, but it looks pretty fine as I've got it.

You should be able to crank most options up to "high" on your machine, but it'll probably ruin that future-proof feeling...

[ 29.10.2007, 12:38: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xboxers could do worse than to check out Tomb Raider Anniversary which is now available for the 360. I really enjoyed this one on the PS2, and I suspect you will too. Might make a refreshing change of pace from all those FPS, as well.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I won't be checking that out. I'm playing a little game called Exit at the moment.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
also going to get Zelda DS. And guitar Hero 3.
Ringo

Exit looks like good fun.

I downloaded the demo of Jerricho the other day, but I've not actually played it yet. The screenshots look unbelievable.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
supposed to be dogshit. Played the demo for about 5 mins, and it didn't feel good.

Sam and Max season 2 ep 1 is coming out in a couple of weeks. If you, like me, thoroughly enjoyed the twisted americana and razor sharp scripting of the first series, then I'm sure you're already getting excited about that.

I also want to get Ace Combat. The only game so far that I've played a demo of and thought that I want to buy the full game as a result. But as thorn mentioned at some point, on some thread, this season is going to be ridiculously packed with big releases. Ace Comabt will probably have to wait for mass effect, COD4, GTA IV, Rock Band, and Assassin's Creed.

eta: actually, sam and max isn't really 'razor sharp', but it is consistently amusing.

[ 30.10.2007, 11:02: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Ringo

I never even saw anything of Sam and Max.

I’m not sure why but I find that increasingly I’m sticking to franchises from which I know more or less what to expect; resident evil, tomb raider, ridge racer, gran turismo, etc etc. There are some great looking titles on the horizon which look like being very good, in particular I’m looking forward to little big planet which looks like awesome fun. But mostly it’ll be stuff like GTA and Halflife and whatnot that end up getting my cash. I suppose when you’re shelling out like 40-50gbp for each title, you want to stick to franchises you know are going to deliver a quality product. Nothing worse than spending 50 notes on a game which ends up being crap and just gathering dust on your shelf.

I did buy Skate though so I suppose it’s not all bad.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+