Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday again,, let's have an inane banter thread (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17 

Author Topic: Friday again,, let's have an inane banter thread
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opinion: occasionally hoover workhorse car. No need for fancy pants showoff car.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both are slow and ugly. The Merc is marginally less ugly, so that's the one I'd go for. Depends on what you want out of it though really. The BMW would probably give the most focused driving experience but neither are going to set the world on fire as they're both lacking in any real oomf.

Sam, I used to do kayaking, aaaages ago. Was real good at it too. Unfortunately I don't have space for a kayak and I challenge you to find a realistic way of transporting one about on a Eunos Roadster.

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Opinion: occasionally hoover workhorse car. No need for fancy pants showoff car.

lol, fair point. The thing is that a workhorse is no fun to drive, and a driver's car is not fit to be abused by using it as a workhorse.

Workhorse car is going to be something like a Citroen C3, which Nightowl likes the shape of.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Both are slow and ugly. The Merc is marginally less ugly, so that's the one I'd go for. Depends on what you want out of it though really. The BMW would probably give the most focused driving experience but neither are going to set the world on fire as they're both lacking in any real oomf.

Hmm. What would you recommend, Ringers? I quite like the look of the new SLK, which shows how boxy the previous version was. The BMW is an acquired taste with its funny lines and long nose, I agree.

--------------------

Ringo

For the cost of the Merc specced up (even with its poxy little engine) you could virtually buy a TVR Tuscan S

That'd be my choice if you want an actual driving experience.

Or a slightly more down to earth choice for me would be between a Porsche Boxster (though everyone will think you're gay) or the Honda S2000 (which is maybe a little underwhelming to look at but is an absolutely fantastic piece of engineering)

Or if you wanted to be fully mental, you could get a few-year-old Honda NSX

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
My cousin had a TVR - it was bloody expensive to run. The Tuscan is fixed-roof anyway.

Now the S2000 looks interesting - agreed, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing, but it's a Honda which equals reliability and excellent build quality.

[ 30.05.2008, 08:47: Message edited by: Samuelnorton ]

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stop laughing at 'click here to visit our sister site panzerace.net' - In fact I've taking to using it at work as a kind of catch-all statement.

Colleague: The server has just gone down for the Blackberries

Me: (surprised expression) Click here to visit our sister site, panzerace.net!

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
Make sure to click some of the Adsense links when you visit, NWoD.

--------------------

Ringo

They do a convertible Tuscan S, but you're right the build quality is a bit shoddy. I've heard that with TVR if you get a good one they're about the best cars on the road, but if you get a bad one it'll put you off them forever.

My main grips with the likes of Mercedes and BMW is that they seem to be increasingly geared towards the American market. The cars are bigger, heavier, and basically slower. Well, perhaps more tuned towards lower end torque, but the point remains.

Whereas a car like the Honda is lightweight, and a focused driving maching.

Talking of lightweight of course, there's always the range of Lotus cars to consider, although these are fairly focused cars and maybe a bit hardcore for what you're looking for.

The Honda is the best choice in my opinion. A good compromise between reliability, build quality, and performance. It'll not rape your bank account to keep it running, and you can absolutely wring its neck and know that the only thing that's likely to go wrong is you putting it through a hedge.

Earlier ones have slightly suspect handling, but if you've got the kind of budget that can get an SLK then you can afford a reasonably new one.

Perhaps the only issue is that the interiors are a little spartan, and I know some people find the engine just a little bit too racey.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringo, should I get a Civic? And if I do, red or black?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IANAR, but yes and black.
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
Ringo, should I get a Civic? And if I do, red or black?

I'm never giving you advice again after the S15 debacle.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, wait...

Red!

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My week has been an alcohol fuelled oblivion, getting up in the afternoon and going out in the evening just trying to numb the directionless mess that is my life. The 4 promising job options have all just about dried up and there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon.

I guess the weekend and beyond for the foreseeable will be much the same....

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Louche
quote:
I'm never giving you advice again after the S15 debacle.

What if I promised to listen to you this time? Like, properly listen and everything?
Ringo

It wouldn't help anyway. I only really know about sports cars.
Louche
Red or black, then? That's the important bit.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doesn't sound so good waynster.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Week spent in dressing gown or pyjamas mainly, playing Xbox with the curtains drawn. Yes, I am a student male of age 24. Or something. Today I did go outside though wearing a summer dress! The weather is beautiful. Nearly 30 degrees and cloudless. Also: posting on mumsnet about how boring it is when baby ignores due date to continue to sit massively in you instead, and how every time you stub your toe or whatever or make any kind of pain noise people look at your with joyous expectation going 'LABOUR????!!!!???' as though they just can't wait for you to be in pain. Also: I have been freezing flannels to attempt ice packs to cure carpal tunnel sydrome hands. This morning I accessorised my dressing gown with defrosted flannels wrapped around wrists and fastened with hairbands like giant flannel wristbands worn by somebody who forgot to remember that wristbands stopped being ironically fashionable in like 2001 or something. I'm so hip. This weekend, my parents are visiting. To see the baby. Who does not exist yet. NO PRESSURE!!!!!

[ 30.05.2008, 10:34: Message edited by: London ]

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I used to do kayaking, aaaages ago. Was real good at it too. Unfortunately I don't have space for a kayak and I challenge you to find a realistic way of transporting one about on a Eunos Roadster.

-

I really wish I worked on the other side of a lake from home, just so I could commute with that every day.

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
how boring it is when baby ignores due date

The due date you refer to is merely an estimate. Little baby ralph will be born when he's ready. Hang in there! {{{HUGS}}}
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray. I've just applied for a new job. And the closing date is tomorrow. (Saturday? odd). So now I can go through the painful waiting, probably the excruciating preparing for an interview, the fear inducing interview followed by the crushing disappointment of rejection.

Which I shall then top off with a comforting wank and then get drunk.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's important to have a plan.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gone for a different approach: applied for a job, haven't heard anything, so plan to phone up and beg on Monday.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been for so many interviews this year that they started to become less 'fear inducing' and more like a tedious chore that needed to be gotten out of the way, like a heavy bowel movement. It's important not to confuse the two, though - I reckon that cost me a job with a major financial services group. They're an uptight lot.

[ 30.05.2008, 12:14: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ate a bear made out of icing from the top of a colleague's birthday cake.

I feel a bit sick.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Thorn Davis

Had he been given the cake, or did you just see it in the kitchen and find it impossible to contain yourself?
Thorn Davis

I'm picturing one of your colleagues walking and catching you, hands and mouth covered in cream, icing and sponge, and saying "Oh H1ppychick. Oh H1ppychick not again".

[ 30.05.2008, 12:32: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An agency called me up. It was totally sweet. They were all like 'are you looking for work? We want to meet you. Can you come in immediately?' So Monday evening I'm going to wick-wick-wax lyrical about jobs with them. I really want the satisfaction of finding just the right job offering about 5 grand more and just say 'there you go' with a resignation. Obviously this feels horrible to say now that Waynster's having a hard time. Probably CiH too. Herbs. Maybe all of us.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck NWOD! I'm not having a hard time as I have a job that pays well enough for me to have a roof over my head and occasionally eat steak, I'm just terminally bored with my current role so it would be very churlish of me to complain as there are people much worse off.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck NWOD! I'm pretty much set for life. I'd either have to literally kill someone or get caught having a wank in the Presidents' office before I lost this gig. [Smile]
sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, good luck for Monday NWOD. I'll keep fingers and toes crossed.

I wonder if you'll have got a job and London'll have had the baby the next time I get to post? I hope so; especially the baby as it could be six weeks until I can wile away a day on tmo again. I'll have to pop in after hours to check until then.

Good luck London!!

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My weekend will be spent the same way the last two weeks have been spent: constantly attached at the tits to mewling little mouth or plastic torture device (breast pump), and filling the freezer with the resulting contents of the latter and the trash can w/the resulting excretions of the former.

See what you have to look forward to London?

and I'd kind of like to see SATC, but I think my breasts would explode if I sat in a theater that long.

jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it with the older chicks, they literally can't keep their hands off me. I'm going on a date with one from Mcdonalds this weekend, 33! But it's just casual casual. Hilariously I got a 14 year old "my friend fancies you" from one of the other staff.

But don't worry fact fans she has a PGCE and works for the NHS during the day.

So why is she at Mcdonalds during the night?

Because she ....she says she enjoys it.

Maybe it is time to start worrying [Frown]

--------------------
www.storytimewithjohn.blogspot.comwww.gingercomics.com

jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll also be leading my new five aside to another win that should send us even more points clear at the top of the table.

3 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses.

I love five aside wayyyy too much.

--------------------
www.storytimewithjohn.blogspot.comwww.gingercomics.com

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+