Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 54)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Octavia:
Ooh, sounds exciting?

I've worked there before a couple of times, so it's a bit déjà vu, or whatever the French equivalent of that is.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they call it 'das schon einmal gesehen zu haben'.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bonsoir from le mans. I'm sitting here dans le bar sipping a biere avec mon amis and watching the practice session. Spent the day at le circuit de la sarthe wathing les voitures in the pit late and getting loads of photographs. I hope your weeks are bon and you're in good health.

I am tres drunke

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pas de merde!

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Le lole
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I'm sitting here dans le bar

Are you literally sat embedded into the wooden panelling of the bar? If so this sentence is correct. There are several other mistakes that I'd like to go through with you when you get back, including the fact that a large chunk of the paragraph is in English.
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Le lole

It's "mdr"! [Mad]

We've had this lesson before, and you weren't listening, were you?

Mort de rire.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just had pasta.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hard disk on my work PC is almost full.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my work pc is being a piece of shit.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you should uninstall that Bonzi Buddy thing you downloaded off of the internet.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've set a picture of my daughter sitting in a tree as my work wallpaper. I keep going to desktop to look at her rather than doing stuff
Thorn Davis

I've got the same problem, except my work wallpaper is an image of Sylvia Saint taking two cocks in her ass at the same time.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's a talented woman. What's she up to these days? I don't really want to google that at work
Thorn Davis

Speaking of daughters, though, when I pick Alice up from nursery I quite often forget what she looks like. I'd like to use the excuse that they quite often change her out of her own clothes if she spills food on herself or whatever, but even if she's in the same stuff, I often stand there for a moment until one of the maroon-shirted workers goes "Oh look Alice, your dad's here," and I look at the baby they're talking about and I think "that must be Alice". The other day, though, I walked in, and saw Alice being cuddled by one of the staff on one of the sofas. "Ah brilliant," I said and walked over, picked her up, started to leave. Seemed a bit lighter than usual. Turned around, and realised that the woman on the sofa wasn't a worker - she was just someone getting her own baby ready for hometime and was still sitting there in shock because I'd just come into the room, walked up to her, and stolen her baby.

[ 10.06.2010, 12:10: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

dang65
it's all the rage
When my eldest son (who I get on quite well with nowadays) was at nursery, I used to go to pick him up and he would try to fight me off, often screaming in terror, shaking with fear and trying to hide.

Once we eventually got outside and away from the other concerned parents, who weren't quite sure if the nursery was actually running a child slavery ring on the quiet, he would calm down and be quite a loving child.

I don't know if he had a twisted sense of humour at 3-years-old, or was just a nutter, but it used to be really quite awkward. I developed a theory then that if you see a child screaming and struggling as an adult drags them along the street, it's almost certainly the adult's own child. Other people's kids never throw a fit when you're looking after them. Only with their own parents.

Of course, that doesn't really help when trying to spot abductions in progress as, sometimes, children are reasonably relaxed with their own parents too.

Thorn Davis

No - I think you were right the first time. If you see a kid calmly walking along with an adult then you have a moral obligation to grab a brick, run up behind the adult, and smash them over the head with it as hard as possible. While they're on their knees going "ohh... fuck... jesus..." and maybe being sick, tell the child they're in terrible danger and they have to run for their lives right now, before they get hurt. If the child turns and runs, that basically puts you in the right, otherwise why else would they run away.

[ 10.06.2010, 12:15: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
it's Friday FFNNNNDIFIIDFHGFHGHDFKHDFJ!

I am wearing

uniqlo t-shirt
dkny jeans
pants, socks

listening

being listening to the wu-tang, and checked out that new band what are they called delphic or something. Also new Reef Da Lost Cauze - got some killer RA Rugged man on there, WORD. Plus mixes from Mixcloud. RIGHT NOW I'm listening to Kid606's album 'songs about fucking steve albini'. It's drone.

reading

Still 'in the miso soup', not had time to read much else. It's a cracker though. Bloke who wrote it also wrote 'audition', which fans of looking at things with their eyes will have seen. IT's just as nasty. Got the latest Daniel Clowes, not started yet, but it looks good.

playing

No More Heroes, Red Dead. Ordered MGS4, would really like to get MGS 2+3 working on PC. Also got picross 3d. Bit of a lull, just really enjoying red dead. Still - E3!!!!!111!1!

email

Whisky exchange, something about father's day, but that's alright because ONLY LAST NIGHT i was thinking that i need some more booze.

watching

Watched a very good anime last night called 'the girl who leapt through time'. Recommended. Also watched some Troma films and half of Evangelion 2.02

week

fine - worked at home for most of it. Mad busy. Had a wonderful 'dolsot bibimbap' at Finsbury Park's hottest Korean joint last night. Still thinking about it now.

weekend

you know the fucking drill. no plans, but thinking about picking up some clothes. selfridges, get a couple o pairs o jeans, shirts, t-shirts. Will 'ringfence' a pile of cash and go crazy. Rest of weekend spent stewing in self hatred for blowing money on frivlous items that only serve to amplify the canyon that lies between my idea of my self image and identity, and the terrible reality I chose to deny. oh yeah i will go down the gym, i am going down there a LOT at the moment LOLOL. Trying to knock out 10k at least every other day, hit all the weight machines etc etc.

[ 11.06.2010, 05:13: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
damn we're having a LOT of fun today!!!!!
Kanye West
TMO Member
 -  -  -

[ 11.06.2010, 05:18: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing

Black 501's, Purple docks, England footie shirt

Reading

Last book I got was a biography of John Lyall, dedicated to Wayne and signed which a mate brought me back from England a couple of weeks back. This is somewhat odd as John Lyall died some years ago.

Listening

Like the new Kele single a lot. Been singing along to Jackie Wilson just now and several other tunes this morning to fire my already ascending mood. However shoving biros in my ears every time the dull Mumford and Sons comes on the radio - complete aural arses.

Playing

Tom Clancy's Endwar, GH- Metallica. Trialled Rock band Green Day and was dissapointed - can't get the delay right with my GH controllers

Email

Waiting on an important one about streaming here in the office so I can concentrate on far more important things than work

Watching

Missed most of a documentary sadly about Bobby Moore, but the tail end I did catch on BBC4 had me shedding a tear or two (big hero of mine). Really into the Swedish versions of Wallander, as well as the brit version and enjoyed Luther a lot. Shall be watching some shenanigans in South Africa this afternoon

Week

Shit until today - involved work, rain and a fuckup with my first appointment with the head doctors to finally get my noggin fixed - now gotta wait until next week.

Weekend

TMOer Physic flying in at 17:15, proceed to bar and meet Darryn, drink beer and begin a blissfull month of footballing heaven. Tomorrow barbecue and football, sunday Darryns and football, monday and tuesday off - watching football. Drinking beer, laughing a lot. Yeah its gonna be a blinder - only been waiting 4 years for this!

[ 11.06.2010, 05:22: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Kanye West
TMO Member
 -
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Listening to "Michel Thomas basic Italian courses" a lot. Not bad. Could do with a bit of a funky bassline and a techno drum beat really.

Wearing jeans and a shirt. FFS. I don't know how this happened. I hate the look of jeans and a shirt but I managed to wake up at 8.47 this morning and it all went a bit wrong in the choosing clothes rush. Still made it into work for 9.l05 though [Cool]

Not been playing any games really. Been photographing a lot of gamecube games that I'm going to whack on ebay. Bit sad about losing some of them as they're games I really enjoyed, but I'm never going to play them and I've probably got about £250 worth of games there so may as well make some money to spunk on stuff for the new house that I don't need.

Weekend will probably be spent watching a bit of football. I don't really care all that much about it compared to how I felt about the one four years ago but I'll still watch some of it.

Kanye West
TMO Member
i am definitely not going to watch any football.
Kanye West
TMO Member
that's very good of you to attempt to learn a new language. I've always been of the suspicion that those tapes are useless, training somebody up in the same manner that a parrot can be trained to say swearwords. Is that not true? Do they help you to understand a language? how do they work? I have never been to italy, mainly because of not being able to speak italian. same with other places in the world.

[ 11.06.2010, 05:59: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
They're pretty good. These ones he doesn't just teach you stock phrases but teaches you how the language works and then goes through examples. It seems Ok. I'm picking quite a bit up. I've got 8 cds of basic stuff on my phone at the moment and the lovely people at the pirate bay gave me 8 advanced CDs and several vocabulary builder things so hopefully by the end of that I should be quite good at it.

My plan is to listen to it all and try to learn it, then just have all the lessons (I think with all the cds it will be about 400 lessons of about 8 minutes each) and just put them on random.

I was in Italy last week and it was such a beautiful place that I definitely want to go back but I found it frustrating not being able to communicate very well so I'm going to crack it. Might get married in Italy as well.

MiscellaneousFiles

I won't be watching any football or big brother, if I can avoid it.

I did catch a glimpse of some big brother related programme the other day and apparently they one inmate has a black marble for an eye. If he had black marbles for both eyes, he'd look like a villain out of one of your comic books.

-

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
I have never been to italy, mainly because of not being able to speak italian. same with other places in the world.

You can get by in lots of places without speaking English as most of the world speaks English. When I was using the machine at Milan station to get a ticket to Bergamo, some scruffy guy came up and started saying something and I was all "mi dispyace. No parlo Italiano" and he was "English?" and I was "Si" and he was all "I need money, you give me money?" and I was all "No"
Kanye West
TMO Member
yes, that's true.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
And if they don't understand you can play charades with them. Or speak louder.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i keep saying 'we should have a holiday' then imagining myself glumly peering at old buildings or scenery, or sitting in bars where i can't understand anybody around me, or sitting in restaurants wanting to just be by myself for a day or so, spending money all the time, and then think maybe not. don't you just hate it when you're on holiday and you're in a restaurant, and another british couple come in and they're being all holiday-like and you have to listen to this excruciating banter. It always sounds different, as if they have just discovered their imaginations, and are thrilled at their new found ability to think.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I tell you what i want to do: The Appalachian trail. I really want to do that.
Kanye West
TMO Member
a bit of peace and fucking quiet, then dysentery, and finally being mauled to death by a bear.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm like you Benway. I hate going on holiday. I love going to places, I just don't like "being on holiday" in them.

Most of my life has been a holiday though, or feels like it, whatever that says about anything, or even means.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I don't think holidays are generally worth the money. It was fine and I did enjoy it, but I don't think I enjoyed it loads more than just having a week off work at home and including flights and hotels and spending and everything we were probably running at an additional £150 a day or something and I would expect to get an amazing amount of enjoyment for a day when I'd spent £150.

I reckon lots of people go on foreign holidays just because it's the thing to do. You work hard, save up money and then spend it doing very similar things that you could do at home but in slightly warmer conditions.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+