Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wedding was quite bogus, v. relidge. Proper body of christ shit. No bar after the meal. Bleak.
Babb
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Babb           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a wedding like that once. There was half a bottle of wine each allocated and nothing more/no bar etc. Fortunately I ended up on a table with a whole load of people who don’t drink and managed to get shit faced on their wine.

--------------------
Blah.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
3. Tomorrow I might go to Middle Farm near lewes which has pigs and ducks and stuff and a farm shop with 20 types of sausage and 50 types of cheese.

Well. That didn't quite work. Went to get in the car and the fact that the central locking didn't work when the key was turned was ominous. Also, the car alarm starting to go off upon closing the door wasn't a good sign.

Anyway, somehow the battery had gone flat as the engine wouldn't properly turn over even though the lights hadn't been left on. Bleh, car doesn't get used much so something to do with that I guess.

But the fucking car alarm wouldn't shut the hell up. It would go for about 20 seconds. Then stop for about 5 seconds, then on for 20 again. then off.

Fuck this I thought, I've got to get the battery out anyway so I'll do it with the alarm going. Pop up hood, unplug battery. Car alarm still going. WTF? Is this a magical car alarm powered by fucking fairies? You've got no battery plugged in, stop deafening us. Oh no, apparently it has its own hidden power source somewhere. One that stores enough power to make a loud noise for a long time. Apple should investigate this for future powering of ipods.

So, run to home to google 306 alarm systems. Most solutions involve using the remote control plip thing. (Hasn't worked since we got the car), use a special key that we don't have in the alarm disabler under the bonnet. Not helpful as we don't have the key. Finally, one person on one forum mentions that you have to let the alarm run for the 20 seconds, then when it is silent, hold down the button under the dashboard and turn the key on. Beautiful. It worked. Quite why this isn't mentioned in the manual of the car I have no idea.

Still, it went off again when I tried to unplug the battery. Stupid thing, but then the same trick to stop it worked.

So, battery is now charged. I'm sure I'll get the same fun when I go to plug it in again later.

I bought Civilaztion: Revolution which seems very good. Much better than sausages and cheese.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did a last minute sunday roast. organic corn fed chickens, with herbs stuffed under their skins. plus parsleya nd mustard mash, greek salad, and roasted red onions with thyme and butter. 12 people came over and it was good! but then i drank too much, had a hissy fit, threw one of mates out for annoying me, which prompted three others - including former tmo'er philomel - to leave. i'm such a great host.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
i did a last minute sunday roast. organic corn fed chickens, with herbs stuffed under their skins. plus parsleya nd mustard mash, greek salad, and roasted red onions with thyme and butter. 12 people came over and it was good! but then i drank too much, had a hissy fit, threw one of mates out for annoying me, which prompted three others - including former tmo'er philomel - to leave. i'm such a great host.

Man, you should definitely give Scientology a spin.

--------------------
sweet

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to see Stevie Wonder in concert tomorrow night.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He won't be seeing you though.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent a good chunk of Sunday beside myself with rage that Hamilton had received a penalty at Spa for doing nothing wrong. Though I get that nobody here cares about F1 (and given the way it's going, I'm inclined to agree...)
mart
No. He's blind.
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
He won't be seeing you though.

Wow, taking the rise out of someone for being blind. A new low?
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eta: removed because Ringo is a sensitive young lad.

[ 08.09.2008, 11:58: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not on, ralph. Everyone gets the piss ripped out of them on TMO, but the blind are sacred. We once spent £10,000 pound of our own money to invent a new colour that the blind could enjoy too.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND THAT'S HOW COURDROY WAS INVENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooowwowow, hit it Bobo!
 -
Brappada dappa dappa dappada

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Babb:
I went to a wedding like that once. There was half a bottle of wine each allocated and nothing more/no bar etc. Fortunately I ended up on a table with a whole load of people who don’t drink and managed to get shit faced on their wine.

I caned everybody's leftover champagne from their glasses.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine recently went for an interview at the Institute for the Blind and they have a special dog toilet there.
It is apparently a small room with a picture of a dog on the door, and inside there is a patch of concrete, a hole in the ground and a hose. This was all the more awesome sounding to me as it took me some time to make the connection between the RNIB and dogs.

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I spent a good chunk of Sunday beside myself with rage that Hamilton had received a penalty at Spa for doing nothing wrong. Though I get that nobody here cares about F1 (and given the way it's going, I'm inclined to agree...)

Not quite nobody, I was both gob-smacked and outraged when I found out, the FIA may as well just announce Ferrari as the winners now because it's becoming increasingly obvious that their consistent bias is beyond coincidence..
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can you get outraged about this? Hamilton tried to overtake and so Raikkonen did the just and fair thing of trying to force him off the track.

Now, obviously Hamilton was going too fast at this stage to actually slow down and tuck in behind Raikkonen so he should have done the manly thing and just allowed Kimi to smash into him taking them both out of the race.

What I think is bizarre is that some people on message boards are actually now saying that it was this move that caused Raikkonen to crash....

[ 08.09.2008, 13:27: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Ringo

I don't think Raikkonen really tried to force him off the track. If you look, Raikkonen and Hamilton both locked up under braking into the chicane, I think they just ended up running deep and Hamilton was forced to abort the overtake by running across the runoff area (which is there specifically for that reason - so drivers can attempt to overtake without fear of ending up beached in the gravel). Hamilton rejoined the track ahead of Raikkonen so did the right thing and let him back past. Considering they were neck-a-neck going into the chicane, and the net result was Raikkonen a car length ahead at the start/finish line, then he's the one who gained an advantage, if anyone?

I shouldn't read Have your Say though. There are people there saying that Hamilton carried a speed advantage out of the chicane. One even said "Hamilton let Raikkonen pass him on the straight, but he still carried the speed advantage from cutting the corner". Now, I know I'm not the best when it comes to theoretical physics, but I'm struggling to see how it's possible to let a car pass you while maintaining a speed advantage over them

God, the whole thing is just so pathetic. As a long time lover of F1 it breaks my heart to see it reduced to this kind of WWE style nonsense where the outcome seems to have nothing to do with the racing on track.

What really boils my piss though is how Raikkonen overtook Hamilton three corners later under a yellow flag. Yet this wasn't even investigated by the stewards? Un-fucking-believable.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:

Man, you should definitely give Scientology a spin.
Nah, i can't afford it.
mart
Well Stevie Wonder gave quite a show. Me and Stefan got quite caned on the drive over, and by the time we were walking from the car park to the arena we were laughing at just how mashed we were. So we took our seats and sat there in an amused stoned haze as Stevie came on and did a soulful bit of harmonica just standing up front stage, and then sat down at his keyboards to get serious. I only knew probably less than half of the songs, and the sound where we were (at the back) was a bit mashed together -- when the whole band was rocking out it was just an indeterminate wall of sound, which wasn't ideal. But, still, hey, it was Stevie. He gave a nice speech about his mum Lula dying two years ago, which had the entire 15,000-strong crowd in absolute silence. He ended this (or started, I forget) by giving what seemed to me to be really genuine thanks for all the support over the years, as it had meant that his mother had had a much better life as a result, and had put his kids through school, and so on... "and I got some nice things for myself as well...", which was nice.

One of his daughters was one of the backing singers, and she did a solo song, standing next to her dad, who was playing piano, her hand resting on his shoulder. When she'd finished he started joking to her, saying "... so, you've hit the big time, huh? Playing in England! ...Hehehehe.... Just remember girl.... I was here first...." and with that he cracked up and almost fell of his stool. Later on (or earlier.... hey, I was stoned), he told us he'd played in Birmingham the night before, except he said it "Buurrmingh'm" (that's a Brummie accent), which also cracked him up. As a result of that he started wittering on in a fake cockney accent, which was very funny to hear.

As the gig went on, pretty much everyone was on their feet and having a good time, while me and Stef just sat there, happily stoned. The last third of his set was full of the oldies, the good'uns, and Superstitious was just fantastic. He played it on the original 70s Hohner Clavinet as well, which was nice to see. Livin' For The City was another real highlight (albeit a short version). And Always. And Higher Ground.

And he even played I Just Called to Say I Love You, which was funny. I was half expecting to see Paul McCartney wander on so they could do Ebony and Ivory.

The crowd was a real mixture of young'uns and old'uns, and everybody else in the middle. It was a good night, let down a bit by the sound. But it was Stevie. And Stevie is very, very cool. There was a separate drum kit set up for him, in case he fancied giving us a display, but sadly that didn't happen. He did however get up and stand on his piano stool to sing one number, which looked like a precarious venture even for someone sighted.

So, yeah, lots and lots of fun. I'm glad I saw him.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice write-up, Mart. My mother's also going to see Stevie in a couple of days. Doubt she'll get stoned though.

Retirement sounds awesome, I can't wait.

Grianagh

- posted      Profile for Grianagh           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like an ace night!

the image of you and stef giggling is the best part. [Smile]

mart
Bit of Stevie from last night

A "medely"!

[ 10.09.2008, 13:07: Message edited by: mart ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
wud up bitches!

Friday again. Came around pretty quick this one. Dragged myself into work today though. Long story, but I had to come in. I been at home all week, sucks to be here.

Anyway we got business to attend to. We're business people and it's business time.

1. A black and white striped polo shirt, some black trousers, black shoes. I'm walking in monochrome. Ladies might be fixing to find out that I'm rocking those black jockeys, teamed with some black socks.

-

2. Not a single 'plan' for this weekend. I can do what I like. There's a chance a dude might call me about a thing, which would mean that I would go into the gym on Saturday to meet his ass. I don't mean meet his ass. It's street vernacular, yo. I don't meet dudes asses. But I do go to the gym. Puzzle that shit out. Apart from that, I'm hoping that Viva Pinata turns up so I can play it, and I might go to Sainsburys to buy food, so I can eat it.

-

3. Last film I watched was a film called 'Crying Freeman' and I watched it last night. I was just maxing out on the sofa in my pants, under a blanket, watching a film. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It was about a dude who's like a mystical Chinese assassin and he's going up against a crew of Yakuza, and there's loads of nudity and tattoos and the assassin wears those weird underpants that don't have any material to cover the buttocks, but still have elastic going round the legs as if they did. I mean WTF right. Right. Also the chick who was the love interest had pretty hot legs, but quite an upturned nose, and for the first half of the film it seems like the camera was going on a Jim Cameron 'mission to the depths' up her Canadian shaped (see Avril Lavigne) nostrils*. This film was '95, so the gun action was very Tarantino-esque, and there were about three 'dudes dressed in black and white walking in a group in slow motion' sequences. Still though. I watched it. I watched it all.

-

4. For dinner last night I had eggs on toast with some smoked salmon, it was okay.

-

5.Last album I bought was "Ridin' Dirty" by UGK, mostly on the strength of 'Fuck my car', which is awesome. Listened to it on the way to work, and had to fight not to nod my head to that dirty south shit.

-

That's it from me. Back to the studio.

*she isn't Canadian, but she damn well looks it.

[ 12.09.2008, 05:26: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
ECHO
Kanye West
TMO Member
echo
Kanye West
TMO Member
lol
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I am wearing olive combat trousers, an olive retro elite t-shirt and a blue and white horizontally striped jumper. It's casual Friday.

This weekend I am driving to Maidstone to go out to dinner with a friend I went to Uni with and staying at his overnight. His wife has a baby in her so she will be driving so we can get pissed. Hoorah.

I watched Unbreakable last night just because it was on and I couldn't be bothered to put a DVD on. I didn't like it much the first time I saw it and it didn't improve greatly upon repeated viewing.

Dinner last night was macaroni cheese with bacon. It was pretty good. Tonight I am making thai prawn and chicken cakes with a sweet chilli dipping sauce. It should be good.

Last album I bought was Mantra III by the Spiritual Beggars. I already owned this album and was going to send it to Thorn, but the day it arrived he texted me telling me that he had bought the album himself so I didn't bother to send it.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
This is the t-shirt I'm wearing.

-

Kanye West
TMO Member
is that Elite?
Kanye West
TMO Member
I got this tshirt yesterday by post but it was a little too big so I sent it back to swap for a medium.

-

Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
is that Elite?

I see it's NTK. Man, I haven't read that for about 5 years.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
is that Elite?

Yeah, that's Elite from the BBC. But they've cleverly written the bit the bottom that used to say Elite as 31337.

That's how I roll.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
As in... The screenshot of the game is the game Elite. The T-shirt is by NTK.
Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wearing black dress with white spots, purple hoodie, purple spotted scarf, dark purple tights and black brogues.

Tonight I am going to the pub. I will probably play pool. And lose.

I haven't watched a film this week but I did watch Buffy series two, disc six last night. It was emotional.

I didn't have dinner last night.

The last album I bought was the new Conor Oberst solo album titled Conor Oberst.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+