Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » In my Wallet (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: In my Wallet
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean that would be ridiculous. Jupiter and Saturn are not that close to each other.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SNorton, why do you carry your NI card around?
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. Because that would mean he was actually in outer space, which no amount of casual corduroy jacketwear could protect him from.

My mistake.

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if he was that big, he might have his own protective atmosphere, and yes froopy, his own gravitational field.

[ 25.02.2009, 10:03: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

mart
I carry my NI card around as well, but I'm not sure why. I think it's a hangover from carrying my Spanish ID card around everywhere.

I've taken it out now.

McDirts
TMO Member
I haven't carried my NI card since I got it. I just memorised it and threw it in a drawer, cos that's how Players roll.
For ID I quite like having my Drivers License card. It's quite useful in banks and that.

mart
I had a lot of hangovers in Spain, you see.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my ni card out, in a wallet slimming exercise, but then, found that being self employed I needed it now and again so put it back in.

grate post theyre 2/10

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't carry a wallet. Stuffed into my pockets in the manner of a schoolchild, however, is

Amazon Mastercard
Lloyds Visa card
Telephone
Some keys

That's it. No money, no other membership cards, nothing. Like Jack Reacher I live off The Grid (except for the cards, and the phone).

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deep Freeze:
if he was that big, he might have his own protective atmosphere, and yes froopy, his own gravitational field.

We could test this theory by dropping objects in Michael Moore's vicinity and observing their trajectories. You know, because's he's rather like a gas giant.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:
quote:

We could test this theory by dropping objects in Michael Moore's vicinity and observing their trajectories. You know, because's he's rather like a gas giant.
It's worth bearing in mind that the area around Jupiter is subject to enormous amounts of electromagnetic radiation. Probably more than even a giant, Unicron-sized human being would be able to stand.

It's also highly unlikely that a human would be able to sustain an atmosphere, no matter how large, as the gravitational pull of a human would be much lower than that of a comparably sized planet, or even a much smaller planet with an iron core such as Earth.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not my minimum load out, mind. Sometimes it's just the Visa card and the keys. Lo-fi stealth, like a ninja. If I'm going to London, I'll add an Oyster card to the mix. It's a versatile system. Each loadout precisely tailored to the missions I'm leaving the house to accomplish.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O noes! My handbag has just collapsed into a black hole!

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

froopyscot
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone needs to come out with a line of Black Hole™ Handbags.

Even better, as a gimmick you could position sales teams on street corners in major cities. Every salesperson would be seated in a wheelchair, Hawking them.

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eyethankewe, we'll be here all week...try the veal...

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorn is like the very antithesis of Hippy. He is the anti-matter to her gravitationally miraculous bag.

As for me (wallet/purse only):
Coins, including random cents (US and euro)
Boots advantage card
Capital One credit card (zebra pattern)
Lloyds debit card
HSBC debit card
Post-it with telephone number on it
Borders reward card only valid in US. Useful
Curry restaurant reward card
Two BiTE discount cards - 20% off food at railway stations
Cafe Nero reward card
Three Leon reward cards
Clarins reward card
HSBC internet access number thing
Lloyds internet access number thing
Neals Yard acupuncture appointment card from two years ago
Card about a carpet
National Trust membership card
South Bank membership card

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
SNorton, why do you carry your NI card around?

Like some others on here, there's no particular reason. When I was working in Zürich there were plenty of forms I had to fill in, some of which required a myriad of otherwise pointless details - NI number, name of the gnome at the end of the garden, etc.

I think the NI card has remained in my wallet since then, along with the Austrian Schilling which became useless in early 2002.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Thorn, are you out of work again, or what?

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

No, that was lie spewed out of Dr Benway's fat, lying mouth.
mart
Because you'll need your NI number if you're looking for a new job.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:

Oh, good.

That was a bit of a ******* lie to tell, wasn't it? I didn't get a wink, last night.

--------------------
sweet

McDirts
TMO Member
CAN NO ONE JUST REMEMBER THEIR ni NUMBER? tHEY'RE GOING TO NEED IT all their lives, best to commit it to memory.
(sorry about the caps lock unpleasantness)

froopyscot
Yeah, McDirst, it's too bad TMO doesn't have an 'edit' function. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or that your keyboard doesn't have a backspace key...
Thorn Davis

quote:
CAN NO ONE JUST REMEMBER THEIR ni NUMBER? tHEY'RE GOING TO NEED IT all their lives, best to commit it to memory.
(sorry about the caps lock unpleasantness)

It's like nine digits long, with letters and numbers! Who the hell can remember that?
McDirts
TMO Member
I remember mine. Piece of piss.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
fucking hell, herbs is hitting the rewards. That's brand motherfucking loyalty right there.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wallet fans will be excited to learn that I've just done a bit more investigating and I've discovered some petrol receipts in a seldom-used compartment of my wallet. Both dated August 2008
McDirts
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:
Yeah, McDirst, it's too bad TMO doesn't have an 'edit' function. [Roll Eyes]

I can't be bothered to edit. Players don't roll like that.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Players don't roll like that.

I don't think they refer to themselves as players either...
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
quote:
quote:

Oh, good.

That was a bit of a ******* lie to tell, wasn't it? I didn't get a wink, last night.

hey, blame Cherry. He told me.
Thorn Davis

quote:
fucking hell, herbs is hitting the rewards. That's brand motherfucking loyalty right there.

Back in 2003 Deep Freeze went to see Michael Moore giving a sermon, and chopped up his Nectar card and put it in a bin bag that a helper was carrying round and he shouted 'I am not loyal to BT, I am loyal to me'. Most TMO posters have probably only ever seen Michael Moore in the cinema or - even worse - on TV. Deep Freeze went to see him in person.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel that by having so many reward/loyalty cards it shows that I am in fact loyal to no one company, but take advantage of The Man for myself. Cunning, eh.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Bags for life
Thorn Davis

There's something really queasy about the details that are left out of that story.

quote:
He appealed for the mother to come forward so that she could receive appropriate medical attention.

"We may be looking at heavy blood loss and the sooner we can locate her the sooner she can get medical help," he said.

Exactly what is it about the situation that makes them think the mother's bleeding? And then it just creates a horrible series of imaginings that led to the baby being abandoned while its dying mother disappears somewhere, somehow.

[ 25.02.2009, 12:55: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+