Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » What have you been reading and watching? (Page 22)

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  60  61  62 

Author Topic: What have you been reading and watching?
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading a story about Simpson at some 80s wrap party or other, possibly for Top Gun.

Someone supposedly walked in on him simultaneously eating a sandwich and pissing on a prostitute. Don’s response was allegedly “Fuck off. Can't you see I'm eating.”

Charmer that Don.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
I love and respect women. I think benway owes women everywhere a huge apology.

I love women, but I couldn't eat a whol.....

jesus, I'm tired today...

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I love and respect women. I think benway owes women everywhere a huge apology.

i think benway owes everyone everywhere a huge apology
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
i think benway owes everyone everywhere a huge apology

amen brother. amen.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, internet.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's going on? Why are there not women in this thread kicking the living shit out of us right now?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
What's going on? Why are there not women in this thread kicking the living shit out of us right now?

...and where are the babes?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Pulls out penis and runs fingers across stitches making a short succesion of out of tune notes*

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember when Benway became a wanker? I'm sure there was a time - a before, a time past, perhaps - when he was really sweet.
vikram

it's since he became jimmy big nuts

there was dude on that c4 show about millionairres patronising peasants in the ghetto called Ben Way. he was a wanker a bit

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been a wanker, Louche.
vikram

i still love you benway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Way

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved sweet Benway.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
there's Ben Way, in his yacht, just off Dover.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I'm still sweet... [Frown]
vikram

no worries benway, you'll be a deckhand on bandy's yacht soon
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
only if he goes further than Dover.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:

This is a horribly written page, probably by him. Its not fair that he's got like £20M and he can't even write a decent page. Stupid picture too.

To the author of the last sentence: unfortunately you have the sort of attitude that means you will never have a penny.

lol.
sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
At least my crappy country has been able to put a man on the moon. But hey, chocolate's pretty important too. I suppose. [Roll Eyes]

Is there no-where in the known universe that America hasn't bloody interfered with, ralph?

You just remember, when it comes to colonising places and interfering with the sovereignty of nations, WE did it first and we did it best. [Razz]

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
I've just read Hornby's The Complete Polysyllabic Spree. I'm not a big fan of collections of regular magazine or newspaper articles by anyone, especially literary lovies, which he keeps insisting he isn't but just as clearly is. They get dated so quickly as well, but this was a birthday present and I have to say I enjoyed it most of the time and might buy some of the books he reviewed. I'm going to be a complete pretentious twat and photocopy a couple of pages to give to my book club to read and discuss over our mince pies at our next meeting. Being laughed at will be good for me.

He did recommend one Thorn liked too so I might get it. Hangover Square.

I am now reading Emergency Sex (and other desperate measures) which I may have seen recommended here. I'm really enjoying it.

I also saw Cars with my nephew and it was a fun experience, but probably because he was enjoying it so much. I didn't object to it, anyway, which is more than I could say for Through the Hedge. That was poo.

I have just re-watched The Colour Purple again. I had forgotten how moving it was, in spite of its many flaws.

How about coming up with a list of films that really get to you; the lump in the throat, damp eye variety? I hardly ever watch films and a bit of sentiment over Christmas would be fun.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sam:

How about coming up with a list of films that really get to you; the lump in the throat, damp eye variety? I hardly ever watch films and a bit of sentiment over Christmas would be fun.

The Shawshank Redemption,
Planes, Trains and Automobiles,
Ghost.

sam
TMO Member
I've not see planes, trains and automobiles. It doesn't sound immediately sentimental.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

vikram

quote:
I am now reading Emergency Sex (and other desperate measures) which I may have seen recommended here. I'm really enjoying it.

I recommended that I think. It's not the best book ever or anything, but it is real and if you ever dreamt of being an aid worker type or war journo or anything like then it is a great read. Also, I love Heidi.

I've recommended it a million times already, but if you're interested in rwanda and the gross fuck ups of the UN and 'international community' the very best account is We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families.

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
quote:

I recommended that I think. It's not the best book ever or anything, but it is real and if you ever dreamt of being an aid worker type or war journo or anything like then it is a great read. Also, I love Heidi.

I've recommended it a million times already, but if you're interested in rwanda and the gross fuck ups of the UN and 'international community' the very best account is We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families.

Damn. I never get enough time to chat any more and this is interesting. Before I go though, I shall try the rwanda one, since you recommend it. [Smile]

[ 07.12.2006, 05:18: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

vikram

Christopher Koch is good too (fiction) - exotic locales, good men seeking salvation in saving others. His Highways to a War is about Cambodia. Fantatsic but the ending is a bit silly.

i really quite like William Boyd's Brazziville Beach. Africa, war, monkeys.

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've not see planes, trains and automobiles. It doesn't sound immediately sentimental.

The end bit is pretty sad - especially when you consider that John Candy died prematurely not long after it was made. The story's set around Thanksgiving Day too, so that adds sentimental value.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
quote:

Ghost.

Elephant Man
Cool Runnings
The Champ

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brief Encounter always gets me bawling. 'You've been away a long time'. Wwaaaaaahhhhh....
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Benny the Ball:
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
quote:

Ghost.

Elephant Man
Cool Runnings
The Champ

It's a Wonderful Life
Bambi
Chopper

--------------------
sweet

Boy Racer
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven years = not long in Zygote's book.

It's a Wonderful Life.
Uncle Buck.
E.T.

--------------------

vikram

in the mood for love
kinda ridiculous but emotionally effective hinglish filmblack
short circuit 2

Boy Racer
 -

Damn you Barry! ($LOL)

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - Now look what you've done...
Your Mum's upset.

[ 07.12.2006, 06:46: Message edited by: Black Mask ]

--------------------
sweet

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it wrong that I wanted to do things to Eric Bana as Chopper?

...in my defence, I mean the bit at the beginning when he is youngish, thin-ish, and has both ears...

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Black Mask

-
Bit early in the day for kung-fu, isn't it, Jimmy?

--------------------
sweet

This topic is comprised of pages: 62 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  60  61  62 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+