Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » what have you been reading and watching (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 40 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  38  39  40 

Author Topic: what have you been reading and watching
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, it's good.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're a homo.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I don't know how that guy ever got the impression he was funny. Or talented. He's fucking rubbish. Utter fucking rubbish.

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
I think you've misfired there, BM. You're incorrect about him and the show. Might want to rectify that.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. And he's obviously deeply in awe of his own cuteness. The man's a total knob-end. Shit show 'starring' a shit **** .

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

He's like a cross between Norman Wisdom and Dick Emery. Bad.

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
hmm, I can see how you might think that after only seeing the first episode. It gets better though. Jonah is a superb character.

[ 12.06.2008, 09:48: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Black Mask

Just imagine that, Dick Wisdom, delusionally thinking he's Peter Sellers. Plus he's Australian. You couldn't make it up.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
It gets better though.

Well, it would have to, really. I actually found watching that show quite traumatic. I wonder if I could sue?

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
I watched Howl's moving castle and Two Lane Blacktop over the weekend. Howl's Moving Castle is a fairly cold slice o'life from the fringes of early 70's American society, focusing on a cross country car race between an emotionless gearhead and a middle aged fantasist. The race quickly degenerates into a wider search for meaning and purpose, as both people are turned inside out by being forced to see their own delusional states. Little dialogue, no actual car 'chases', just lots of staring and driving, and some drag racing. But very cool, and very good.

Two Lane Blacktop however, is a vivd and fast paced animation from Miyazaki about witches, spells, the power of love, and the futility of war. I found it a little hard to keep track of the action at times, and missed some fairly important plot points as a result of being dazzled by the visual beauty and the Joe Hisaishi soundtrack. Still, it was entertaining, but perhaps too complex for my slow, hungover brain. There's a girl who may or may not have been turned into an old woman and there's a dude who is possessed by a demon, who has had his heart removed which has been possessed by another demon, which powers the moving castle, and there is another witch who is really fat who wants the heart and some kings and queens who are having a war. And a scarecrow called turnip head.

-

[ 16.06.2008, 06:26: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen Star Wars? I watched it this weekend, it's quite good but the special effects could've been better and the plot was a bit unbelievable but all in all a good option if you're stuck in on a sunday afternoon and it's on the box.
Kanye West
TMO Member
yeah, I saw star wars, and that seems like a fair summary. I quite liked it as a child though.
McDirts
TMO Member
I think it's probably a bit adult for most kids.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I find it a drag as an adult, but as a kid it seemed like a very real world.
McDirts
TMO Member
Who was the handicapped guy with all the hair, what was that all about?
Kanye West
TMO Member
I also watched Friday 13th over the weekend, which I would recommend to any parent looking to entertain their kids for an hour or so. Perhaps it's been ages since you went for a nice night out, like how you used to do before they came and ruined it all. Wear some fancy clothes, get a babysitter, and put on a nostalgic revival performance of the old you. If you do this, but you worry that your children might not be having fun while you are, then yes, go for Friday 13th. It has it all. Rain, trees, and Kevin Bacon.

[ 16.06.2008, 06:47: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

McDirts
TMO Member
I loved Friday 13th as a kid. The scene where the teenager's lying on the bunk and Jason's hand comes out from underneath, clamps his head down and pushes an arrow through his neck from under the bed was one of my favourite scenes of the '80's. I wore out the Ferguson Videostar constantly rewinding and slow playing that.
The plot had a few holes though.

Kanye West
TMO Member
kids don't mind about plot holes. Nothing makes any sense to them anyway. It's all just gaudy colours and imaginary friends.
Black Mask

quote:
It's all just gaudy colours

This is literally true, apparently. When each of us starts out as little humans our eyes see colours, light and contrast extremely vividly. As we get older, our eyes get more and more knackered and we become more and more jaded. Until we can't stand the fucking sight of anything or anyone any more, because everything looks like runny grey shit.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

I watched Victorian Sex Explorer last night. It was quite interesting. Apparently, your muslims were quite fond of it up 'em, in the old days. Less keen now. I wonder what happened..? Maybe the quality of bum has fallen off.

--------------------
sweet

McDirts
TMO Member
Bums were a lot smaller in those days apparently, it wa sall down to the largely vegetarian diet most people subsisted on. These days, thanks to all the cows it's more akin to waving a halal sausage in a windsock. Apparently.
Black Mask

The Indian trannies they featured in the programme were no bargain. You'd have to be pretty desperate to fuck one of them. The chief tranny thought he was fucking gorgeous, as well. He wasn't.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
Bums were a lot smaller in those days apparently, it wa sall down to the largely vegetarian diet most people subsisted on. These days, thanks to all the cows it's more akin to waving a halal sausage in a windsock. Apparently.

That reminds me. I also saw the episode of South Park where Mr Garrison invented the monocycle that was controlled by dildoes in ass, mouth and both hands. That was good.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

I also saw the South Park where Cartman made Scott Tenorman eat his own parents. That was superb.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

And Cripple Fight. Those South Park guys are geniuses.

Who's your favourite South Parker at the moment? Mine's Butters.

--------------------
sweet

McDirts
TMO Member
Ralph Wiggum
Kanye West
TMO Member
it's got to be Sean Connery. The original and the best.
Kanye West
TMO Member
or chandler.
Black Mask

Wow, what a great audience!

--------------------
sweet

McDirts
TMO Member
that one when Chandler became the poster boy for the North American Man Boy Love Association, that was hilarious.
Kanye West
TMO Member
we were on a break! lol
Kanye West
TMO Member
lol
McDirts
TMO Member
I liked the bit when Tony and Chris were getting rid of "Ralphie" Cifaretto's headless corpse and Tony was telling Chris he was wasting his life smoking pot. ROLF!!11!
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
we were on a break!

Break DEEZ NUTS!!! lol
Kanye West
TMO Member
how are *you* doing?

This topic is comprised of pages: 40 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  38  39  40 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+