Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 49)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's just not worth it is it. It's just not worth it.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
abby? root? herbs?
Kanye West
TMO Member
yes. Just as I thought.
Kanye West
TMO Member
Interesting.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fucking suit?
Kanye West
TMO Member
yes, because I'm getting busy with some impressive figures, etc.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do the next CT podcast in a suit?
I'd like to hear that.

Kanye West
TMO Member
got pretty wrecked up on friday - long island iced teas for four or five hours followed by tequila and sambucca shots and pints. one of the team - a young girl - lost control of herself in a major way when we got back to mine. louise is expecting letters from the council about that. finally turned in around 6am, spent saturday lolling around, playing a bit of red dead, watching a four hour long nightmare on elm street documentary. yesterday i had a haircut, went down the gym, uploaded another i39 video, cooked a curry, ploughed on with alan wake. not a bad weekend.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got around to mowing the lawn this weekend. It was ridiculously long so had to do it on saturday with shears and then let it dry out then gave it a run over with the flymo on sunday when all the base had dried out. Looking a bit shitty but I don't really care now. For some reason I decided to do the mowing at midday in the really hot sun, think I spent too long in the sun and had to have a nap about 3pm. Completed mortgage application which got "approved in principle"

Got stuff packed for holiday and am leaving the country on Wednesday. Hooray.

Kanye West
TMO Member
holiday, eh. i keep thinking that i need one of them. haven't had one for a few years, apart from a long weekend around a year ago.dont know what to do though. everything i think of either seems pointless or boring or both.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm off to France in a couple of weeks. Got the car more or less sorted, bar stickering it up. Got all our European travel bits, all the camping equipment, and everything's paid up that we can pay. Pretty excited.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a big fan of holidays. I don't like not knowing how to do stuff. For example, I have to get the train from the airport to Milan then a train from Milan to Bergamo. No idea how to do it and I don't speak a word of Italian.

I'm only going because a friend is getting married out there on the Saturday so decided we may as well make a holiday out of it which is now a disaster as we need pretty much all the money we have for the deposit for moving house and so I need to try to survive on about £3 a day or something while out there.

I'd much rather just have the time off work and play some computer games.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
And I'm going to have to do this train business whilst carrying a suitcase and pushing a pushchair.

And Kate's mum was going to give us a lift to the airport which would be lovely, apart from the fact that Kate lost her keys last week which had our only car key on it and the base of the child seat is in the car which means we can't get it out so we're going to have to get a train to gatwick or a taxi or something as for some reason you can take babies in a taxi without a car seat but not in a normal car.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like a disaster. You should have redirected your holiday funds towards Download, where you wouldn't have had to deal with pushchairs, foreigners or babies.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
got pretty wrecked up on friday - long island iced teas for four or five hours followed by tequila and sambucca shots and pints. one of the team - a young girl - lost control of herself in a major way when we got back to mine. louise is expecting letters from the council about that. finally turned in around 6am, spent saturday lolling around, playing a bit of red dead, watching a four hour long nightmare on elm street documentary. yesterday i had a haircut, went down the gym, uploaded another i39 video, cooked a curry, ploughed on with alan wake. not a bad weekend.

This is weirdly identical to my weekend, save for a few minor differences.

- Instead of going out and getting wasted on shots on Friday, I stayed in and built a Tie-Fighter out of LEGO.

- Instead of lolling around watching TV on Saturday, I went to look at some houses.

- Instead of playing Alan Wake, I removed my Xbox from under the TV, attempted to dismantle it to see how it worked, got frustrated at the six-headed screws and threw the whole lot in the bin.

- Instead of going to the gym and getting a haircut on Sunday, I attended a six hour revision session on Delivering Customer Value Through Marketing.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
That's not identical at all. It's completely different.
Thorn Davis

Some of the details vary slightly, it's true.
Thorn Davis

As I've never bought a house before, I found the whole looking-round places quite exciting. Octavia briefed me before we went that I shouldn't get too attached to anything, in case it doesn't work out, and that I shouldn't let on to the estate agent that we're too keen. Looked round the first place, estate agent asked me what I thought and I blurted out "If we don't get this place I'm going to kill myself."

[ 24.05.2010, 06:53: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Thorn Davis

At the second place we looked at, I dropped my bicycle on a baby, which I think gave a bad impression.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Yeah, Kate was like that as well [Mad]

The one we've gone for we were shown around by the owner of the house and she was all "Oh, this is perfect. I can see us living here for 10 years. It's got everything we want and it's so much cheaper than all the other ones around here we've seen and the bedrooms are bigger".

Surprisingly she didn't drop the price all that much.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
At the second place we looked at, I dropped my bicycle on a baby, which I think gave a bad impression.

You can probably get a bit knocked off the price for cleaning the bloodstains off.
Kanye West
TMO Member
your life sounds pretty bleak, thorn.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Benway, how was the meeting of your parents and your girlfriend's parents? Was it better or worse than expected? Did you get drunk and embarass yourself?
Kanye West
TMO Member
it was fine, i kept a low profile, and my father schooled her father about the global economy. my mother spilt some wine, her mother is pretty deaf, so just kind of chilled quietly throughout.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
your life sounds pretty bleak, thorn.

Interesting. You were saying something similar to mart the other day, too. You seem very keen to paint other people's lives as bleak, like a repressed homosexual who keeps accusing other people of being gay.
Kanye West
TMO Member
house hunting followed by marketing training is bleak, by anybody's standards.
Ringo

I think house hunting sounds pretty good fun to be honest. Nothing bleak about it. Unless you were house hunting with a person you never really loved; who you just accidentally knocked up and now you have to face with reluctant resignation the obligation to spend the rest of your life miserably pretending to care about this person for the sake of your wretched offspring.

That would be pretty bleak, but I get the impression that throntavia is the real deal.

Kanye West
TMO Member
i suppose that i found moving out of the bedsit and into an actual place to be a relief, but the process of looking at houses, doing the deal, moving the shit, buying all the crap you don't have was pretty bad. I imagine that if you also need to sell it's twice as bad.
Ringo

I suppose the logistical side of it is dreary enough. But surely looking at places, imagining your stuff there, thinking about what your life would be like in that area, etc, is quite an enjoyable experience
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I think house hunting sounds pretty good fun to be honest.

Yes - it's not like when you're at uni, for example, and trudging round squalid hovels trying to work out where you're least likely to snag an elbow on a rusty spring and get lockjaw. This is more like "Music room goes here, games room goes in here, entire downstairs torn out and start again, top floor for the kids, and knock through under the stairs to make a bigger reception room". You know. Exciting; hopeful.

The revision day isn't fun, obviously, but it's not what i'd call bleak either. It's a drudge, but because it's supposed to improve the chances of getting a better job, or even being able to work for myself, it's surely the opposite of bleak. To me, 'bleak' suggests the absence of hope, whereas buying a family home, and going on a training course are both things that you would only do if you were hopeful about the future (even if that hope turned out to be misplaced or naive).

[ 24.05.2010, 08:38: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I think house hunting sounds pretty good fun to be honest.

It's great fun if you do it with a Chieftain tank.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i wouldn't really know about hope for the future. i'm trying to give up smoking at i want to cry.
Thorn Davis

I've got my Collins English dictionary open in front of me and it defines "bleak" as

1. exposed and barren; desolate 2. cold and raw; 3. offering little hope

Looking round houses isn't 'barren'; doing it with your family isn't desolate. As I mention above it's not hopeless either: it clearly suggests the presence of hope. So perhaps what Benway meant instead of

"house hunting followed by marketing training is bleak, by anybody's standards"

was

"house hunting followed by marketing training is bleak, by anybody's standards except the standards of the Collins English dictionary and everybody else in the world, English or otherwise who understands on some basic level how to use very common words from the English language in their correct context and who doesn't just blurt out words and phrases that they sort of like the sound of but don't fully understand and in the process expose a grotesque level of ignorance on a subject that they've ostensibly been learning by osmosis for nearly thirty fucking years, which, as science has objectively demonstrated, is more than enough time to teach an actual fucking ape how to understand English."

[ 24.05.2010, 08:38: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Ringo

I get the impression that Benway's definition of 'bleak' basically covers any activity which doesn't involve desperately clinging on to living a teenager's lifestyle well into your thirties like you're having some kind of early mid life crisis.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know if you're having a mid-life crisis anyway? What if you have what you think is a mid-life crisis, go out and buy a powerful motorbike and wrap yourself round a tree the next day. That would be a very close to end-of-life crisis, wouldn't it? Or if you got to forty and had a mid-life crisis where you decided to buy a yacht and cruise around the South Pacific where you met an insatiable teenage island girl who rubbed a secret local oil into you all day long while you were doing it and you ended up living to 130-years-old so far (having replaced the original oil rubber and subsequent oil rubbers whenever their grass skirts wore out, about once every 6-months)? That would be an early-life crisis.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+