Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 47)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Marriage, Pregnant, Intervention, Cancer. Is there an order of preference?

The four ages of Man...
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i could handle an intervention. could be quite an ego booster. everybody you know telling you they love you and how great you are and how they can't just stand by and watch you have an awesome time partying when they have thrown in the towel.
Ringo

Is getting drunk by yourself and playing computer games for hours every night really your definition of partying?
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringers, If you want in, you should get in touch with louise. she's handling the guestlist by the sounds of things.
Kanye West
TMO Member
if you still can't leave MK then maybe there'll be a video linkup.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Benway could have a webcam running so we can all be there? Also if he had a tiny ear-piece we could give him usefull advice throughout.
Kanye West
TMO Member
if i have an earpiece, it'll be playing lux aeterna.
Kanye West
TMO Member
everything is made more meaningful by that track.
Kanye West
TMO Member
yeah? no? nothing? nothing at all?
Kanye West
TMO Member
is everybody on tmo chat?
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
if you still can't leave MK then maybe there'll be a video linkup.

I'm pretty sure you've met me several times outside of Milton Keynes, Benway. Anyway, we're here to talk about your issues not mine.
Kanye West
TMO Member
im alright m9. im alright.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Benway, I'd just like to say... you know. I know we've argued alot over the last five years. We've bickered about every subject under the sun. And for a while I found it quite frustrating and hurtful. But now I realise that it was just your addiction speaking and that if you could conquer this terrible affliction you would be able to see, with total clarity, that I was right about all of it."
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Louise is going to propose and she thought that before doing that she should ask for your mother's permission, so after the cheese course she's going to take your mum aside. They'll be off at the back of the room out of earshot, obviously very deep in conversation then suddenly your mum will shriek in excitement and they'll hug and be talking in a very animated manner. They'll walk back really purposefully and you will now know what is going to happen (as I've posted it here). You'll be looking for an escape route. Please god no, don't let her propose to me, least of all in a busy restaurant in front of my family. Where can I go? So you pretend to be grabbing your pint glass but ram your hand down on top of it, shattering it and driving the sharp edges through your palm. "Brilliant" you think as you feel the searing hot needles of pain and see the blood start to drip down the edges of the glass. "This will get me a few hours in A&E and the whole thing will be forgotten about". You then notice that you've hit the glass to far up on your hand and it's actually punctured a major vein that is starting to pump your precious life blood over the beautiful white linen. "Glad my parents agreed to pay for tonight as I wouldn't want to be stuck with the dry cleaning bill for that tablecloth" you think as you slowly lose consciousness.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, perhaps they just thought it would be nice to meet :shrug:
Kanye West
TMO Member
you've ruined it. well done, idiot.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I think Jonesey ruined it really.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
and Abby
Kanye West
TMO Member
what's the deal with Abby?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know about our deal with Abby?
Thorn Davis

^^^little joke there, from Spaced.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I don't know the details.
Kanye West
TMO Member
ok.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i find that as i time goes on i find spaced to be more smug and less easy to tolerate. whats up with that. am i just becoming more of a twat, or is this acceptable.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I tried to watch some early series of Red Dwarf on Dave which I absolutely loved as a teenager and it was awful. Really really awful.

But Spaced is good. You've made a mistake there Benway.

Kanye West
TMO Member
ok. It happens, i'm not perfect.
Ringo

I used to really love Red Dwarf, and had all the books. But now I can't watch it or read them.

I guess some things are pretty 'of their time' and have a pretty limited shelf life. I still quite like Spaced though. The box set occasionally gets wheeled out when there's nothing better on TV.

I suppose it's hardly a revalation that your tastes change as you get older.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I had all the Red Dwarf books as well, including the Red Dwarf quiz book which I was staggeringly good at.

90 minutes to the weekend people. It's my birthday tomorrow so you can all buy me presents. Although it's probably a bit late now as you'll have missed the post. Never mind. next year perhaps.

Ringo

I've been really enjoying watching the remastered Star Trek series recently. Man those old episodes had some serious quality.

[ 14.05.2010, 10:37: Message edited by: Ringo ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
i tell you what's unbelievably shit - men behaving badly. I liked that as a kid but dear GOD if you watch it now it's just.. horrific.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Oh man that was so bad. I watched about 10 minutes of an episode before I had to turn it off.

via the wonder of youtube, I have discovered that A bit of Fry and Laurie still stands up as excellent comedy.

I suspect that Hale and Pace would be fucking awful if you tried to watch it now.

The Harry Enfield show has also not aged well.

Ringo

Sitcoms in general, especially nineties ones, are pretty bad.

Watched Bottom the other night and it was ok but not brilliant.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
The Young Ones has stood up better than bottom.
Kanye West
TMO Member
fry and laurie is still great, that's true.
Ringo

I suppose at least these things were good once. Compared to a show like Mock the Week which was shit from the outset.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+