Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 126)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Played Crawl and Gang Beasts on the weekend. Some fun 'all on the same screen' romps to be had. Gang Beasts is incredibly simple. Make a wrestling game with some physics and make all the controls hilariously impossible. Crawl is also simple: 4 players enter a dungeon. 3 die. One is left to fight his way through a procedural generated dungeon crawler. The other 3 control traps, spells and monsters to stop the hero. When the hero dies, the last person to kill him takes over. This cycle repeats until someone, anyone wins the game. Your progress is ranked at the end.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I introduced the children to NES, SNES and MegaDrive over the weekend. We played Kirby, Super Mario, MarioKart and Sonic, some of which were a bit of a struggle for the five year old, let alone the two year old, but fun nonetheless.

Can anyone suggest some good '80s video games for little kids?

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamba:
I enjoyed it, though not quite as much as the previous one which I adored enough to play through on the Xbox originally and then again when it was cheap on the PC. I don't remember it being particularly heavy on cut scenes and whatnot so yeah, that probably does calm down a bit when you get further in. It is a very pretty game for sure, even on the PS4.

That's interesting. Presumably when you say the previous one, you mean the Tomb Raider reboot? I played a very brief bit of that and it was like I was just steerign Lara from QTE to QTE. Decided to give it a swerve as a result. So this is the first of the rebooted games I've played. Last ones I played through properly were TR:Legend and TR:Anniversary, which somehow came out ten years ago, and I absolutely loved.

I'm at a bit now where I'm in a Russian military base killing hundreds of mercenaries and it's now less enjoyable. The combat is quite satisfying, but I really just want to explore and solve puzzles. In terms of killing dudes, it's not quite as satisfying as the Assassin's Creed games, where infiltrating a place and killing dudes seems more like a puzzle than an action challenge. But I'm playing it on the easiest difficulty so I can at least coast through these bits and get to the exporaton. I do miss the style of the first couple of games though where there's very little combat. Hopefully Crystal Dynamics will take that on board when they create the next one, as it's a bit of feedback I've seen repeated. Leave the action to Nathan Drake.

Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I meant the reboot there. To be honest there isn't much difference between Rising and the reboot, it's just more of the same (which I was perfectly happy with) but the reboot somehow felt more focused to me so I enjoyed it more. It did start off very constrained as you say but that was just the opening section and once you got into the levels proper it opened out. It absolutely needed more puzzles--something Rising doors fix a little bit--and it's fair to compare it to Uncharted, but I still really enjoyed it's mix of combat and exploration.

I did also love the previous set of TR games, with Underworld being the highlight for me, and for sure there's now a gap in the market for that kind of thing.

Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, if the older Tomb Raider games are your bag this might interest you:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-01-you-can-now-play-the-impressive-fan-remake-of-tomb-raider-2

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+