Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 16)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
guitargirl
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for guitargirl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
quote:
Originally posted by guitargirl:
Guitar hero 1 & 2

Damn that's got some great tracks on there - Ramones, White Zombie, BLS, Donnas, Hendrix - shame there is no planned release on the PS3 - I wonder if the device would work on the new system?
ahh I dunno about the ps3, however I did find out that for the 360 its not not going to be a wireless controller, I mean WTF!!

Im waiting for GH3 in the autumn to come out, there had bloody better be some Metallica on it this time!

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've got the HDTV, plus 7.1 surround - I did see on IGN the version 3 will be multi-platform - it shall be awesome!

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im waiting for GH3 in the autumn to come out, there had bloody better be some Metallica on it this time!

I seriously doubt it - Metallica are very protective of their music, hence why you will not find any of their tracks on compilation CD's - the only Metallica tracks I can think of that appeared on non-metallica albums are their version of 53 and 3rd on the Ramones tribute, and I heard also they recorded a track for an Ennio Morricone tribute.

Incidentally, I know their Sound Engineer, the famous Big Mick.

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the famous Big Mick.

Is he Irish?

--------------------
sweet

Waynster

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
the famous Big Mick.

Is he Irish?
Nah, a brummie, though I can see what you were trying to do there.

-

Big Mick Hughes, and some speaker things

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock's been very good to the midlands, hasn't it?

--------------------
sweet

Waynster

And the midlands have been very good to us for the Rock. In fact I always used to like stopping in brum as it had so many metal fans - I believe the highest concentration in the UK at one time. Dudley will always hold special memories of Rock for me [Smile]

--------------------

guitargirl
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for guitargirl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I seriously doubt it - Metallica are very protective of their music, hence why you will not find any of their tracks on compilation CD's - the only Metallica tracks I can think of that appeared on non-metallica albums are their version of 53 and 3rd on the Ramones tribute, and I heard also they recorded a track for an Ennio Morricone tribute.

Incidentally, I know their Sound Engineer, the famous Big Mick.

What a shame, Id love to play some Metallica, although I have seen a few of thiers as "custom" tracks on GH.
Black Mask

I understand the Wii is getting a dancemat game that you can upload your own music onto!

--------------------
sweet

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
I understand the Wii is getting a dancemat game that you can upload your own music onto!

Not sure how that would work with the sort of metal I listen to really, I mean there'd just be 2 sets of foot locations, the main one where you just sort of slouch a bit while moshing and air guitaring, and then a second set for when you get cramp from standing in one position too long and have to shuffle your weight onto the other foot. Maybe they could incorporate the Eye-Toy thing to rate the quality of your air guitaring..
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
Not sure how that would work with the sort of metal I listen to

I imagine the game would sync the movements to the bass drum, so you'd have to move your feet to the beat of the doublekick drums. Good luck with that, by the way. How fit are you feeling?

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered this bad boy
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of getting that, but it's only a matter of weeks since I bought a real guitar. How much of a twat would you feel practicing pretend toy guitar when you had an actual real guitar sitting just a few feet away? A great big twat, I reckon. Great big twatty twat boy.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eye-Toy

A friend of mine proudly told me the other day that he had set his eye toy up on his computer so that it traced the movement of his head/eyes, and the cursor moved wherever he pointed his head.

I laughed at him and called him a geek. You should have seen his face. It was a picture. Oh yes.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
conversely, I did think about getting a real guitar, but decided against it because it I wouldn't bother to learn to play it, and would leave it sitting in the corner like a funky shaped tombstone for my willpower.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
funny old world isn't it.

*thinks*

*laughs to self*

*looks out of window*

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shall I go to KFC and buy myself some of those honey BBQ chicken bites, Jimmy or would I benefit from a lovely pear instead?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
a lovely pear. Those Kfc things will leave you bloated and sick, whereas a lovely pear is like medicine for the soul. A lovely scrummy pear - mmmmm! I had kfc last night and I felt a bit bluergh for a few hours afterwards. Plus there was a crazy chick in the kfc shop who was singing to herself and then told everybody about how she was going to get a parking ticket. She had large blotches on her face. I thought maybe she had AIDS and didn't care any more about social graces, or indeed, maintaining a decent diet. Then I felt that at least she had an excuse for kfc, whereas I did not. It could be that she just had sensitive skin or even acne, I don't know why the AIDS thing crossed my mind. Her hands were quite red and looked a bit bloated. Then two dudes recognised each other from when they were at school and took aaaages to make their orders. Turns out the school they both went to is now a girls school or something. One bloke enquired about the other bloke's brother. What a long and drawn out process it was to buy my dinner last night!

eta: I was thinking about that album called "a nice pear" or something with the picture of the tits on front, and lo, I wrote 'pair' instead 'pear;.

[ 04.04.2007, 11:29: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm listening to Ambient 2: Plateaux of Mirror by Brian Eno and Harold Budd.

Doesn't rock much. But I like it.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, shit. Now I bought the KFC. I've nothing left to do except say "mmmmMMMM, frard chik'n" in a voice not unsimilar to the black maid from Tom and Jerry.

--------------------

Ringo

It's not a KFC unless you're struggling to cram down a full size 10 piece family bucket plus 8 bags of fries all by yourself.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
any crazies in Kfc?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also tempted by the honey barbeque thing, but when I walked past KFC, it looked like some kind of horrific preteen nightclub. A team of little girls dressed as sluts propped up the bar whilst gangs of 'ard lads in the obligatory hoodie and baseball cap combo hung around with stern looks of concentration on their faces. I imagine they were having a competition to see who could grow the first pube. A few worried parents with even smaller children in buggies sat around tables near the entrance, as if to ensure an easy escape should anything kick off.
Ringo

Misc how close do you live to Donnington?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
so, you were going to have a kfc, but you were frightened by teenagers?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Misc how close do you live to Donnington?

A couple of miles I think - assuming that's the Donnington you're talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
so, you were going to have a kfc, but you were frightened by teenagers?

Christ, pay attention BigNuts. They were preteens. And no, I decided against it because the queue was fucking massive. I think it's the Easter holiday or something. Also, KFC doesn't really fit with the whole MiscDiet.
Black Mask

Last Saturday I took seven 8-year-olds to McDonald's. I wasn't happy about it, at all. I did get to see TMNT, though.

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
A couple of miles I think - assuming that's the Donnington you're talking about.

It's not. Never mind. I am spaq
MiscellaneousFiles

Were you thinking of *Donington?
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
any crazies in Kfc?

No. Although I tried not to laugh at this exchange.

"A barbeque bite meal please"

"Drink?"

"Yeah, I'll drink too..... .. .. "

*holding out a cup*
"Drink?!"

"Yes please. It does come with the meal doesn't it?"

*getting upset*
"What drink do you want?"

"Oh....Pepsi, please"

--------------------

guitargirl
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
quote:
Eye-Toy

A friend of mine proudly told me the other day that he had set his eye toy up on his computer so that it traced the movement of his head/eyes, and the cursor moved wherever he pointed his head.

I laughed at him and called him a geek. You should have seen his face. It was a picture. Oh yes.

Ah I have a good laugh with my eye toy, Crazy TAXIIII!!! TAXIIIII!!! And the washing windows thing,space reporter Ulala - gods sake I cannot do those silly dance movements I just look far too clumbsy and the whacking flying bats game and kung fu. Its fucking knackering, but fun.

Id like to see Singstar teamed up with Guitar hero. That would rock!

jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can`t afford videogames anymore, I`m selling everything. I never play them either.

It is a sad day when hobbies die!

--------------------
www.storytimewithjohn.blogspot.comwww.gingercomics.com

Ringo

You'll miss them when they're gone.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
a'ight dawgs. If you're anything like me, then you spent the majority of the glorious sunny four day holiday holed up in a sweaty room, wearing your disgusting dressing gown and employing your hands to either play xbox or shovel popcorn down your fat gob. Safe brah. Anyway, After something like 82 hours play, I finally did it - 1000 points - 50/50 achievements. Obviously that doesn't count as completing it now, as there are another 250 / 10 courtesy of Shivering Isles. But still, I felt like those 80+ hours weren't totally wasted. I've got a rank of 114096 of 438872!

*bludgeons self to death with wireless controller*

Then I played some jetpac. That game is hard.

[ 10.04.2007, 05:44: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I clocked The Godfather, I am now Don of NYC, last week when I really should have been doing much more decorating than I managed. Haven't picked up Okami again though which bodes better for me actually getting stuff done this week.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+