Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 45)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your kill/death ratio suggests that you're better than me.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not really the point is it? It's quite enjoyable watching another TMO-er man the gun on a warthog while you skid about the place, or to fly forwards on Valhalla trying to drop a bomb in their base. It's like, "you can't flambe Thorn Davis, he's part of Clan TMO"

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may pick up a wireless adapter and Halo 3 this week so I would love to get some Team-O action as well. Although I'd obviously be a bit poor to start with but I reckon I could flambe Thorn Davis
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually would really enjoy getting into a team with the tmo gang. Also - Cherry in Hove, if you sign up to Live this weekend drop me a text and I'll probably be around for a game.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I unfortunately won't be around this weekend as I'm leaving Friday afternoon for a tour of relatives around the west country so won't be home until Monday. So, really it's a bit pointless me getting onto live right now as I won't get a chance to play this week. Hmm. perhaps next Monday I'll get it.

I still need to complete Guitar Hero 2 and it's annoying that I can't seem to do it as I got 4* on Freebird on Free Play on my first ever go at it and now that I've got there in career I keep failing at about 85%. Stupid game. Stupid fingers.

I didn't get a chance to play any computer games at all this weekend but I did go to Hooters in Nottingham which is exactly as you would expect it to be.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is probably my greatest moment so far in halo

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't you play PC games instead, guys, so I can join in as well?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't like playing in teams.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Dr. Benway

you can play darryn and waynster at blu-ray watching!

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

I'd rather play in a team of people I know than play against loads of people I've never met. Or worse still, not play anything at all.

I just have a habit of shooting my own teammates accidentally, that's all. But by the sounds of it, that's par for the course anyway.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
this is probably my greatest moment so far in halo

I can't view that at work. Can you describe it to me? Probably my favourite moment was when three people drove past me in a warthog and I stuck it with a brute grenade for an easy Triple Kill. I must have watched that replay a dozen times, and even showed Octavia when she came home from work. I don't think I kept it though.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:

I don't think you should mock Ringo for having a PS3 rather than an Xbox. Bear in mind that while you are having fun playing online games Ringo may be finding a cure for cancer. Surely that is better than enjoying yourself.
Dr. Benway

it's just some stats showing how I got the most kills in a big team slayer.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
quote:

I don't think you should mock Ringo for having a PS3 rather than an Xbox. Bear in mind that while you are having fun playing online games Ringo may be finding a cure for cancer. Surely that is better than enjoying yourself.
No, I know. Sorry. It's not like you can't play ported xbox360 games on the ps3.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

[Frown]
Dr. Benway

well, any time anybody wants to get some team action going, let me know. I can't do this wednesday, but that's it.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
We could all play all night on Thursday. I think that would prove to be a very popular decision.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7 headshots, that's pretty impressive.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Benway: Roy Scheider, who played Doctor Benway in Naked Lunch, has died. Sad.
Dr. Benway

pwnt

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

tough crowd.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

It's been a quiet day today, that's for sure.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're gonna need a smaller boat.
Ringo

I don't really have anything to talk about
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
We're gonna need a smaller boat.

lol

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Dr. Benway

yes. I'm itching to get back to Halo 3 though now. Been reading tactics guides.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
HALO 3 FAQ

1. Attempt to shoot the enemy in the head.
2. Attempt to not get shot in the head by the enemy

Dr. Benway

yes, well other things include not jumping even though it's instinctive to do so under fire, to try and take the fight to medium range rather than close range, to move in zig zags when crossing open ground, not putting 3 men in a jeep, maintaining the correct distance between you and your pals, etc. If you find that you're going head to head, never move away, always go forwards and don't try and use the battle rifle at close range.

[ 11.02.2008, 11:11: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

I get all those things wrong. I always go for the close range - wearing them down with gunfire and finishing them off with a melee blow. Constant jumping always seems to be the favoured tactic from other people.
Thorn Davis

Also, if you've got double Maulers then getting up close and squeezing both triggers at once pretty much guarantees an instant kill.
Tilde
TMO Member
Yeh, also,

Lob a grenade then fire.

At midrange, use the needler, you don't even have to aim properly, and people will hate you.

If someone goes out of sight just before you kill them, lob a grenade where they went.

If you see a player all glowy, their shields are weakened therefore in a straight shootout you will win.

Hardly anyone uses the plasma pistol anymore, not even for the infamous Halo2 "noob combo". But on a big map, with vehicles it' can be funny to fire a full charge at a warthog and watch it grind to a halt with three occupants inside. Then you can lob grenades at it.

Twin spikers are awesome at short range.

Always lob grenades.

Dr. Benway

when you jump, people can work out where you're going to land, but if you're moving on the ground, you can change direction faster. There's no advantage to being closer other than, I suppose, chasing the thrill of hand to hand combat, but if you do indeed want to kill more and die less, find cover, aim with the battle rifle from medium range.

I know that goes out the window when you're jogging across a warzone carrying a flag or a bomb, but you know. I'm interested to see if they work.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Tilde
TMO Member
Also I like using a Battle Rifle and walking backwards keeping just out of range of someone running at you with an Assault Rifle.
Dr. Benway

how are you doing on halo 3, tilde?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

What's the 'noob combo?' I've never played Halo 2.

I get on better with the close range weapons alot of the time. The shotguns, the maulers, that kind of thing. Charge forward and shoot.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+