Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 44)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Good weekend everyone?

Did some work and played the Heavy Rain demo. Kellifer had a bash at Bioshock 2, which she seemed to enjoy. For valentine's day, she got me an impossible-to-find CD (compact disc) that's eluded me for years. I got her some roses and junk.

I've also adopted a new hairstyle.

You?

[ 15.02.2010, 04:47: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 15.02.2010, 04:55: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had quite a busy weekend. On Saturday we went to London and went to a couple of museums, including the London Transport Museum which was good fun seeing all the old busses and tube trains and suchlike. I wanted to get a picture of me sat in the driver's seat of a bus but as I went to sit down this little kid barged past shouting "Me me me!!" and then wouldn't get out of the seat. [Frown]

Then we came back to MK and had dinner as this 'oriental fusion' restaurant, the name of which escapes me. Then went to see Wolfman.

Wolfman was really dreadful. Full of cliches from the start, and relying solely on making you jump over and over again. So by the end you just want to stop watching because every time it went quiet for more than a couple of seconds you knew something was going to jump out or flash up. Man just thinking about it is irritating me.

Then on Sunday we did a bit of spring cleaning then visited some friends before going to my parents' house for dinner.

Didn't really get any gaming in, unfortunately, though this morning a colleague has brought me in a few old x360 games so I can improve my game score a little.

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -  -  -  -  -
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The highlight of my weekend was finding a really nice old lens in a charity shop up the road for five poun. It's an Asahi Takumar 105mm 2.8 from 1958 which is so well made it works as if it were new. They seem to sell on eBay for quite a lot of money, but I think I'll keep it.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to watch time trials of classic cars in a forest near Bassenthwaite lake. You'd have enjoyed it, Ringo. Watching a Beetle doing a uphill hairpin was a highlight. Then we went to the pub. Then Simon's car blew up. So it was quite eventful, really.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching the Winter Olympics, which has been fucking awesome. Particularly the women's short track speed skating relay. But also the moguls, and the deathluge to some extent.

ETA: Who exactly is Simon?

[ 15.02.2010, 06:02: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Travelled down to London on Saturday to look at my friend's baby. Seemed nice. They seemed happy enough. Complained that the baby doesn't sleep through the night. It is six days old. In the evening I watched Star Trek, which I enjoyed. Nice bit of escapism after the events of the week.

Sunday. Did some coursework. Painted a Tyranid. Turned out quite well. Played Mass Effect 2.

Louche
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:

ETA: Who exactly is Simon?

My husband, the owner of yet another unreliable 4x4.
Ringo

Have you considered buying an MX5? I can do you a good deal on one.
Louche
quote:
Have you considered buying an MX5? I can do you a good deal on one.

Not much use round here. I'm getting a tractor.
Ringo

While I was in Covent Garden at the weekend, I went past the Theatre Bar. Brought back some memories..
Ringo

What did everyone do over the weekend then? I went to the opticians and now I need glasses.

Fucksocks

Ringo

So I went to the opticians at the weekend and I said to the guy "Hi I'm here for my eye test". He looked at me for a few seconds and said "Well I can tell you definitely need a pair of glasses". "How do you know that, without giving me a test?", I replied. "because," he said "this is a book store!"
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
had an amazing migraine.
Kanye West
TMO Member
caught up with an school friend who lives like 5 minutes round the corner from me. Was nice. Also watched a film called Executive Koala. Mainly just had a migraine though.
Ringo

Maybe your migraines are being caused by astigmatism in one of your eyes, like my awful eadaches have been for the past 27 years of my life?
Kanye West
TMO Member
when i had that eye twitch i came close to going to the opticians. But then I slept for more than 5 hours a night for a few nights, cut back on the bastard strength coffee, and it went away.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So I went to the opticians at the weekend and I said to the guy "Hi I'm here for my eye test". He looked at me for a few seconds and said "Well I can tell you definitely need a pair of glasses". "How do you know that, without giving me a test?", I replied. "because," he said "this is a book store!"

In all seriousness, if your eyesight was that bad, you really shouldn't have been driving. Pretty irresponsible of you.

Anyway. I didn't have a migraine, or an eye test, but I did have a quiet weekend divided between sitting on the sofa cuddling a snotty baby while playing Mass Effect 2, and working on my fucking assignment. Sunday afternoon was spent making bits of warhammer scenery with Octavia.

Kanye West
TMO Member
such a busy lad.
Thorn Davis

I had two shocking moments over the weekend where it ocurred to me how drastically different my life is now compared to just a few years ago. The first was not having anything to drink on a Friday night. The last time I remember doing that was during a self-imposed period of abstience following a heavy Christmas. The second was listening to records until 11pm and describing it the next morning as "a late night".
MiscellaneousFiles

I ordered £25 worth of pizza from my bed last night.

4/10

[ 22.02.2010, 06:05: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
such a grown up.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Avatar 3d which is ok as these things go.
Thorn Davis

I agree. It's put together well-enough.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i'm pretty sure I'll never see Avatar.
Thorn Davis

I don't think there's anything about it you'd enjoy. There's nothing in the story or technique that you would find remotely interesting, I think.
Thorn Davis

On the other hand, I bet if you watched Transformers 2 you'd be appalled yet fascinated.
Ringo

I'm not sure I'd recommend Transformers 2 to anyone predisposed to migraines
Ringo

Actually I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone
Kanye West
TMO Member
i saw the first one, and didn't like it.
Thorn Davis

I don't think you'd like it, but you seem to like horror, and Transformers 2 is genuinely horrifying.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I don't think there's anything about it you'd enjoy. There's nothing in the story or technique that you would find remotely interesting, I think.

i was watching the little blips of avatar on the baftas last night- a fairly bewildering thing to do in itself, as i actually had a bafta- nominated film on dvd in my handbag which i borrowed on friday night, havent got around to watching, probably wont watch but will have paid £6 for the privilege of not having watched- and thought 'the only way i would get anything from this film would be if i was on significant amounts of hallucinogenic drugs, and then id be the kind of fool who takes drugs in order to watch a movie that they secretly think is probably complete gobwash when viewed sober, purely because it will be kind of trippy*'.

my weekend- hung out with a baby. got vomited on by a baby. closely watched how other people interacted with baby and tried to replicate their actions in order to access part of me which feels comfortable around babies, or indeed any other living creature with whom one cannot have an easy or flowing conversation about, for instance, cheese, madmen, or climate change. also watched frost/ nixon. which was good.

* ie me, in 1999, watching 'the matrix'.

[ 22.02.2010, 07:48: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D and I watched Footloose on Friday night. Although about "71% lame" it was enjoyable on a number of levels - not least John Lithgow's touching performance as the anti-dancing preacher and poor old Chris Penn's comedy best mate turn.

I tried to watch a bit of Ferris Bueller (which I've never seen before) but had to stop, as it was gut-fuckingly repellent. About the one good thing about it was Jeffrey Jones as the closest thing I've yet seen to Wile E. Coyote in human form. Matthew Broderick was appalling - was this intentional?

Also: snow on Sunday, so took the boy sledging - proper sledging, down a hill and all - for the first time in his life. Hopefully that will help block out all the beatings!

Thorn Davis

I hated Ferris Bueller too! About the only fun I had during that film was imagining an alternate universe where Ferris is at the same school as JD from Heathers, and gets framed up as a homosexual before being shot in the fucking head.

[ 22.02.2010, 08:52: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+