Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Argh! I've got a cold. (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Argh! I've got a cold.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that George W generates anywhere near the levels of boiling hatred that Goody has conjured throughout the middle classes of Britain.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It made me sad when it became obvious she was going to die; the fact that alot of people were going to gloat over it. She doesn't seem to be coping very well, either. Poor Jade.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
I mean, the whole Jade thing - are we going to get into that?

I don't know. Too soon maybe? Best to wait till she actually dies?
I don't know. We've been pretty good at avoiding it so far.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now hold on, I'm not gloating about it. Merely an observation. Thousands of people said "I wish she would just die" and now she's going to. My humour was based on the idea that the collective bad will of a whole nation could cause someone to get cancer, not that she deserves it or that it's not awfully tragic.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Oh ringo.
Ringo

Hey let's not get into a debate about good/bad taste in humour on a thread where people are laughing about Nazis and AIDS [Roll Eyes]
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't accusing you of gloating, Ringo. I just saw the headlines and thought "Oh. Loads of people are going to laugh about that and say she deserves it". She's probably quite aware of it, too. I dunno. It was like it was all this big fun joke, where she got famous and rich for being a fucking idiot, and everyone else ridiculed her, and got to feel superior and everyone got what they wanted from the whole thing and then she got cancer and it was like "hurm, it doesn't seem that funny anymore, now she's stopped putting wine bottles up her clunge and is standing on morning TV crying, holding clumps of her own hair and worrying about who's going to look after her children". And it seemed like there were some people who couldn't deal with the change in tone, and carried on mocking her as if she'd gotten the name of a town wrong, or something else stupid, but it didn't quite work because it'd all gone dark. I suppose, in a way it's her fault the joke's ruined, the selfish bitch.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Hey let's not get into a debate about good/bad taste in humour on a thread where people are laughing about Nazis and AIDS [Roll Eyes]

Listen, you fucking cretin - the difference is that Jade Goody is ACTUALLY DYING whereas the Nazis are just villains invented by Steven Spielberg. GOD!!
Ringo

aids lol
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Jesus Ringo...
Ringo

[Embarrassed]
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what an ***...even by my standards.
Ringo

standards lol
ralph

that's my point! AIDS isn't funny dude. you've crossed the line. you can't come back.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
ringo seems to think he's an edgy alternative shock comedian. Truth is, he's just pathetic.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
now she's stopped putting wine bottles up her clunge and is standing on morning TV crying, holding clumps of her own hair and worrying about who's going to look after her children".

Actually I think you'll find that Kinga was the one who put the wine bottle up her vagina. Jade was the one who got her kebab out in a game of strip something or other. An expression that shocked the nation although it was later discovered that she was referring to the fold of fat on her midrift.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well now hold on, I'm not gloating about it. Merely an observation. Thousands of people said "I wish she would just die" and now she's going to. My tumour was based on the idea that the collective bad will of a whole nation could cause someone to get cancer, not that she deserves it or that it's not awfully tragic.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JAID(s) Good-Die

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
ringo seems to think he's an edgy alternative shock comedian. Truth is, he's just pathetic.

In all seriousness, I've noticed a pretty upsetting trend on TMO where people try and get laughs by being as crude or shocking as they can. I don't know where it started but these people need to grow the fuck up. It's not impressing anyone.
Ringo

You're right, it's not on really. I'm sorry everyone.
Black Mask

Maybe we need some more high-brow threads?

--------------------
sweet

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I thought the AIDS thread was teh funny. Damn.
Thorn Davis

It's not just this thread McDirts. All over TMO you see this kind of juvenile behaviour: jokes about selling cancerous tits for charity, mistaking black babies for monkeys, abortion rom-coms, all that stuff, all written by idiots who think that being crass and being witty are somehow the same thing. It needs to stop.
Ringo

And anyone who disagrees is a fucking rapist
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree but I also enjoy a spot of casual rape.... What does this mean?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although, I prefer to call it "surprise sex"
Thorn Davis

quote:
And anyone who disagrees is a fucking rapist

You're worse than Mikey with his 'bummers'. Why do you have to use the word 'rapist' as a perjorative?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we need some clarity on what bum jokes are allowed:

• Things going up them
  • Things coming out of them
  • Giant 50 foot paper mache bums
  • A five part mini-series called Bum Squad, set in space with jokes written by Ade Edmonson
  • The derogatory term 'bummer' in a Bristol accent

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
female readers, the elderly, and young children will be delighted to learn that my AIDS is subsiding. I've regressed back to being simply HIV+, and I anticipate making a complete recovery by the end of the month. Thanks for all your support up to this point. I believe that together, we can beat AIDS.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently if you fuck a virgin it gets rid of AIDS.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
That's a shame. I was looking forward to being able to drop into conversation "My friend died of Aids". I suppose congratulations are in order, but it's a bit selfish of you denying me of the opportunity to kill a conversation.
Ringo

Man, I bet you'd get loads of fanny if you knew someone who died of AIDS

What's wrong with you, you look very down today?

Oh, I'm feeling pretty low at the moment. My friend died at the weekend.

That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Was it sudden?

No, he'd be battling the AIDS for years. We thought he was doing well but last month he really started to go downhill. It's awful, when you try to be there for someone and you can see them just gradually falling apart. I mean, how do you even comfort someone when you both know they'll be dead within weeks?

You poor thing, you're so brave to deal with that. Here, let me felate it better for you...

ralph

Sorry, CiH, but lol.
Thorn Davis

Ringo you gormless idiot, that would work with any terminal disease apart from AIDS. Surely the last thing you want to bring up in the opening stages of a seduction is dying slowly and horribly from a sexually transmitted disease. Let alone revealing that you move in circles where people contract such things. Christ.

[ 18.02.2009, 06:52: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Ringo

Well, I'd have thought that in this day and age people are pretty clued up on the AIDS thing, and a modern girl would just be impressed that you're comfortable talking about such a sensitive issue.

Obviously if she recoiled in horror, you'd have to quickly reassure her that he got the AIDS from a botched blood transfusion.

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+