Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 80)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless it was unintentional and someone thought that Edge was a real name, like, some fan of U2 or something. Like when my brother thought the wrestler Kerry Von Eric's middle name was Von.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was going to re- tell my funny story about when my friend erica thought something hilariously funny about the name of that dude who used to jump over things on his motorbike. the famous one in the seventies. i cant remember his name and the story doesnt work if i cant remember his name. this is what being old is like isnt it. ive tried googling '70s motorcycle jumping man', but- unsurprisingly perhaps- it didnt get me very far. WHAT WAS HIS FUCKING NAME.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Hasselhoff
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EVIL KENEVIL! as soon as i pressed add reply i remembered. i mean, literally, the second i pressed it. that felt so good. anyway, so my friend erica? thought evil kenevil was called Evil Ken Evil. christened ken evil, and then added an extra evil as a prefix, just to ramp up the evilness.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got into Forza 2 in a big way this weekend. I've gone from level 12 up to level 28 which isn't bad going.

I've turned off the braking line and it has improved the game so much. I don't really know why they have that on by default as it makes the game so much harder and much worse really.

I'm very tempted to get a steering wheel now as I'm not sure playing with a controller is the best way to do it and a lot of my spins are due to oversteer due to just nudging it a little further than I want to which I think would be remedied a lot with a wheel.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
I'm very tempted to get a steering wheel now as I'm not sure playing with a controller is the best way to do it and a lot of my spins are due to oversteer due to just nudging it a little further than I want to which I think would be remedied a lot with a wheel.

Wheels/pedals allow for a much greater level of control, and force feedback helps the immersion levels greatly. It lets you know what the car's doing in a way that plain old rumble never could. The Logitech ones (even the cheap £40 ones like mine) are amazing, but I don't think they're compatible with the xbox. A friend just bought the (semi-) wireless xbox wheel and said it felt pretty good until it stopped working on day two of ownership.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking on ebay, you can get a Logitech one for Xbox for £30 delivered which is pretty good. However, if it's likely to break after two days, that is less good.

Ringo/Benway, do you use a steering wheel with xbox?

[ 28.09.2009, 04:50: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trials HD, Got two more tracks that I can't do on Xtreme level - Going Up and Inferno II. Can't get past the 1.15 bit on Going up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tjOAZ3l-8

[ 28.09.2009, 05:20: Message edited by: Tilde ]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Looking on ebay, you can get a Logitech one for Xbox for £30 delivered which is pretty good. However, if it's likely to break after two days, that is less good.

Ringo/Benway, do you use a steering wheel with xbox?

No, I don't have one for my xbox. I probably will get one at some point, but the problem I have is that there's nothing in front of my TV that I could really bolt the wheel to and I think having it on your lap is not really ideal. Obviously when I'm on my PC I use my Logitech Driving Force Pro which is a brilliant wheel. Probably only second to the legendary G25. But having something clasped between your knees seems a bit annoying.

The Xbox controller is pretty good for driving games anyway. Probably better than the Sony Dual Shock controller because of the nice triggers.

Incidentally has anyone else got the Forza 3 demo yet? It's very very good!

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
the problem I have is that there's nothing in front of my TV that I could really bolt the wheel to and I think having it on your lap is not really ideal.

Hmm. That's a very good point, I don't have anything I could bolt it on either so perhaps it's best to just stick with controller for now.

I'll check out Forza 3 tonight, I didn't realise the demo was out already.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played the demo a bit, seems alright. good 'car feel'.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's always been a major strength of the Forza series. The way the cars react to the input on the controls really feels like there's genuine weight and heft to the vehicles which must be delicately shifted around while cornering to avoid over/understeer. This is one thing that the NFS game gets completely wrong and is the reason the game is a failure in my opinion.
Kanye West
TMO Member
turned on lost odyssey for a 'quick blast' last night, ended up playing for like seven hours. The temple of enlightenment is the most hard work of any dungeon in any rpg, ever.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to get Cherry in Hove to play Halo 3 again last night, but he kept saying he had more important things to do, the twat. So I played on my own and was rubbish.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got asked on for a round of Battlefield but Pia now uses the xbox to play this 'Blue dragon' game, so was banised to play L4D on the PC.

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing Age of Conan. It's really jolly good.

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm slowly but surely working my way through Super Mario Bros. 3 on the PSP. I've also been dipping in to Super Bomberman.
Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I tried to get Cherry in Hove to play Halo 3 again last night, but he kept saying he had more important things to do, the twat. So I played on my own and was rubbish.

oh you should have come online, i would have of course had a game, unless -

-

[Frown]

Kanye West
TMO Member
I held ODST in my hand yesterday, thought about it for a while, but put it back on the shelf.
Kanye West
TMO Member
if I have any similar gaming related revelations, I'll make sure to post them.

[ 29.09.2009, 10:02: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
oh you should have come online, i would have of course had a game, unless -

(I wasn't really trying to play Halo. I was just making a joke about the idea of me pestering CiH for online gaming while he was trying to help deliver a baby.)
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was just making a joke about the idea of me pestering CiH for online gaming while he was trying to help deliver a baby.

Woah! We had midwives to do that.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
I held ODST in my hand yesterday, thought about it for a while, but put it back on the shelf.

Beefheart's been itching to play alongside someone.

--------------------

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I'm about half way through a little know FPS called "Half Life 2". It's got some great set pieces, good atmosphere and a good range of weapons. I recommend you check it out.
MiscellaneousFiles

Rented MadWorld for the Wii.

Hmm.

Hades
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Hades           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it as appaling as it looks?
MiscellaneousFiles

As mentioned on Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe, it's as if it was written to impress twelve year old boys. Lots of extreme violence, rude words and sick jokes. The crap camera makes the game awkward to play, but the Wiimote is put to some novel uses. The mechanic itself is fairly solid - there are so many ways to kill and tools to kill with that the game is effectively a puzzle - how can you do the maximum amount of damage with the tools provided?

The heavily stylized graphics are impressive for the Wii, but it's sometimes difficult for my 31 year old eyes to take in everything that's going on.

I played for about an hour and a half and I'm quite happy to send it back to LoveFilm now.

Kanye West
TMO Member
modern warfare 2. I have to say that I really enjoyed the sequence where you get to walk through an airport with a machine gune, killing citizens.

[ 06.11.2009, 11:54: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Thorn Davis

I thought MW2 wasn't out until Tuesday? Or to put it another way: MW2 isn't out until Tuesday.
MiscellaneousFiles

Started Crysis again, since I've just built a tasty new PC (Cor High Five / Windows Heaven), that's capable of running it at a decent frame rate on 'high'. It's totally exciting - I haven't played an FPS for ages. Killed a guy with a freakin turtle. He wasn't an innocent citizen though - he was a korean.

[ 06.11.2009, 12:35: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
I thought MW2 wasn't out until Tuesday? Or to put it another way: MW2 isn't out until Tuesday.

that's true. But I've already finished the single player campaign.
Kanye West
TMO Member
finished the campaign twice, done veteran mode, got all the intel items. Twenty hours of rat-a-tat-tat. Bring on co-op and multiplayer!
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I've hit level 41 in Borderlands but still not managed to play online yet as I only get to play between 7.30am and 9am and sometimes between 3pm and 5pm.
Kanye West
TMO Member
considering you've probably sunk over 30 hours into it, that's not bad going. I am waiting for the michael to finish his first run so we can play the second one together.
Kanye West
TMO Member
during one of those bits in call of duty where you have to try and advance forwards inch by inch as a million men fire at your head with machine guns, I got so frustrated that I nearly the whole controller.

[ 09.11.2009, 04:59: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+