Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » It's snowing! (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17 

Author Topic: It's snowing!
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! Fuck Oxford! Bunch of fucking self-aggrandising toffs!
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a second...
Thorn Davis

Fuck.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit, you're right! My friend Nicci lives in Middle Barton!
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see what this has to do with my Access problem, guys.
Ringo

Maybe Ralph could give some advice on how to deal with a mere 15 inches of snowfall.
mart
Hang on, I think I might have sorted it.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Maybe Ralph could give some advice on how to deal with a mere 15 inches of snowfall.

What do you mean...deal with? I don't see how 15 inches of snow could affect you...maybe it takes you longer to get where you're going...but it's certainly not life threatening...
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mart it might not have wiped the form clean, but just switched to a different view. I believe it goes into a spreadhsheet kind of view for data entry. Selecting 'design view' might show the form again. Just a guess. I hope it works out for you.
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hades:
I don't recall having a single day off for snow while i was at school. I feel dupped.

Me too - in the 1970s I can remember a few winters when there was more than just a smattering of snow. And I am talking about here in Britain rather than Germany when things would go tits up only on exceptionally bad days.

The health and safety thing may sound ever so slightly Daily Mailesque, but in a country where the server a pub tells you they don't do blue steak for such reasons I wouldn't be surprised if schools are closed because some halfwit thinks the fatties are going to roll over and die. Or be on the end of more snowball attacks because they are (a) a larger target and (b) a slow moving one.

FWIW, I live in a no-grit zone and there's no fucking way I am taking my RWD SLK out if the place is looking like a skid pan.

I will be "working from home".

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

mart
Thanks Benway.

I'd applied some sort of filter, or sorting criteria. I clicked Remove Filter/Sort for everything and it's back to normal now. And I learnt how to order my entries properly, by date and by number alike, so that it works just right now. That has been bugging me for a whole year.

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:
FWIW, I live in a no-grit zone and there's no fucking way I am taking my RWD SLK out if the place is looking like a skid pan.

Is this lifted from an Alan Partridge deleted scene? There's no way a real person would say this.
Ringo

I'm wondering what a no-grit zone is. Like, I don't get salt anywhere on my estate, but I can probably make it out to the main roads if I really try hard. Not in the MX5 though; in the Lupo. I wouldn't bother in the MX5. But then I live about a mile away from work so there's not really much of a reason to bother with the cars.
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Is this lifted from an Alan Partridge deleted scene? There's no way a real person would say this.

Yep. Alan lent me his secret book of unused lines and didn't ask for it back. What a fuckwit, eh?

Tis the truth though. RWD cars are a nightmare in this sort of weather, even if you have done the training weekend.

--------------------

Thorn Davis

My bicycle is RWD and it's very difficult to ride in heavy ice and snow. A RWD car must be twice as difficult, as it has twice as many RWs.
Ringo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktFZXHS0MbM

Snorton does have a point to be honest - rear wheel drive cars and snow are not a particularly easy combination, especially if you have summer tyres fitted.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if "my RWD SLK" will become to TMO what "my Honda Accord" is to B3TA.
mart
It depends if you've been on the training weekend, really.
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
quote:
I'm wondering what a no-grit zone is. Like, I don't get salt anywhere on my estate, but I can probably make it out to the main roads if I really try hard. Not in the MX5 though; in the Lupo. I wouldn't bother in the MX5. But then I live about a mile away from work so there's not really much of a reason to bother with the cars.

If things get shitty I'll take a photo.

We live in a cul de sac, and to get to the driveway and parking bays you have to traverse a road that sees very little traffic, let alone any salt. One little skid and you'll be scraping metal with any one of the cars parked on both sides of the road.

For days after the rest of the snow and ice elsewhere had cleared the road still resembled an ice rink.

I'd use the Astra, but the ABS doesn't like the cold and the fuse for the offside front headlamps blew at the weekend. I'd like to say I could walk to work, but I live a good few miles away and public transport is bollocks - not that anything would be running anyway if we get even a centimetre of the white stuff.

--------------------

Ringo

Ah ok. Same sort of thing where i live then. I just assumed most places were like that to be honest. Does anyone get grit in local estates?
Thorn Davis

quote:
public transport is bollocks - not that anything would be running anyway if we get even a centimetre of the white stuff.

Bit rich to lay into the public transport when you've got two cars yourself - both of which are completely useless if there's so much as a slight cold snap.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah ok. Same sort of thing where i live then. I just assumed most places were like that to be honest. Does anyone get grit in local estates?

Only if they're on a bus route apparently.
Ringo

Well there you go. live and learn
Ringo

I would have thought an SLK would have a sophisticated traction control system
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
quote:
I would have thought an SLK would have a sophisticated traction control system

It does - but even that and four hours of skid pan training might not be enough. Then there are the other people out there you need to worry about.

--------------------

Ringo

You need to try a bit of this

-

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It does - but even that and four hours of skid pan training might not be enough. Then there are the other people out there you need to worry about.

Was Mr. Magoo a Jew?

[ 05.01.2010, 11:24: Message edited by: vikram ]

Thorn Davis

Just started snowing here. Not 40cm yet.
mart
I don't know who you're travelling with there Ringo, but she must weigh bloody loads. Look at how uneven the car suspension is.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I'm really coming down something I reckon.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in South-East London, it's ALL grit. Mate.

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
I don't know who you're travelling with there Ringo, but she must weigh bloody loads. Look at how uneven the car suspension is.

that's a guy
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
I live in South-East London, it's ALL grit. Mate.

Oh, I thought you lived in Pimlico. Where in sunny South East do you live? nuX4eva
mart
my mistake
Kanye West
TMO Member
yeah feeling well dicey now isn't it.

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+