Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » It's snowing! (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17 

Author Topic: It's snowing!
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it?
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm going to do a fuck off, get back and have some chilli con carne. Sound.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
Where in sunny South East do you live?

I live in ever-popular Nunhead.

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alright mate mind how you go.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top. Sorted. La.

--------------------
sweet

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah it's pretty leafy. police helicopters and trees.
Black Mask

And the parrots.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:
public transport is bollocks - not that anything would be running anyway if we get even a centimetre of the white stuff.

Bit rich to lay into the public transport when you've got two cars yourself - both of which are completely useless if there's so much as a slight cold snap.
You have to take a certain pleasure knowing someone spent a large sum of money on something they can't actually drive. If anyone spent a ridiculous amount of money on something that was a piece of hideous useless shit, I'd be gutted. Totally gutted and ashamed of myself. I'd be awake at night saying 'you stupid fucking idiot. You piece of dumb fucking shit' and punching my teddy really hard. Then feeling bad about punching teddy. Getting up in the middle of the night and looking out at my useless fucking car and then look over at my wife, weeping at what I've become.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
weeping at what I've become.

An RWD...

(p.s. we must do that thing. That drinking thing.)

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(aye I tried but I was waiting on you to set a date. Incidentally I get paid tomorrow so you know)

--------------------

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most sporty cars struggle in certain conditions. I think Snorton meant that it was just in snow that he wouldn't take his CLK out. Presumably in all other weather conditions it's a perfectly functional car. My MX5 has exactly the same issue of not being any use in snow.

It's kind of like, if you bought a totally sweet pair of trainers, and then some smug penis tried to say you were stupid for buying them because you couldn't use them to cross sheet ice. You'd probably think that it was he who was the idiot, not you.

mart
Is my Ford Focus estate any good in snow? In comparison, like.
Black Mask

(Yeah, got a bit overwhelmed by events. Plus, I'm trying to abstain for January. It'll never work though.)

(Are brackets for whispering..?)

(We should definitely do that thing, though. Soon.)

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

In fairly shallow snow, yeah probably. But if you were in really deep snow then your car would be just as useless. So really you're just as much of a twat as Snorton, for buying a car which can't perform brilliantly in absolutely every single road condition.
Black Mask

Don't listen to Ringo, he doesn't even know the difference between a school and a child.

--------------------
sweet

mart
Righto, cheers.
New Way Of Decay

Chi-haw, so my penis replacement doesn't drive on snow.

(yes)

--------------------

Ringo

You said this earlier and I still don't have any idea what you're talking about
Black Mask

I'm saying 'though' a lot lately.

--------------------
sweet

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
(Are brackets for whispering..?)

(Yes. But you weren't using brackets. So we all heard you.)
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
In fairly shallow snow, yeah probably. But if you were in really deep snow then your car would be just as useless. So really you're just as much of a twat as Snorton, for buying a car which can't perform brilliantly in absolutely every single road condition.

But Snorton's got two cars he can't drive in cold conditions, and he was complaining about how public transport packs it in when there's snow even though his private transport is no use either.

[ 05.01.2010, 11:45: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Chi-haw, so my penis replacement doesn't drive on snow.

(yes)

Are you saying that the only reason someone would buy a sports car is as a penis replacement? I dont' really understand what you're getting at. Are we to assume that Snorton bought his CLK specifically for driving in snow and now has egg on his face because it doesn't work there?
Black Mask

It's like I have a creeping, sub-conscious realisation that everything... absolutely EVERYTHING is conditional. On everything else.

(The guy sitting at the desk next to me just reached over and put one of his old pencils in MY pencil mug)

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

He actually described not being able to drive through snow as 'bullshit' I mean, if that's not a kick in the vehicular balls I don't know what is.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Also, no I only think snorton would buy a sports car as a penis replacement. He's like Walter Peck but with less spiritualism.

--------------------

Black Mask

It would be neurotic to insist he take his pencil out, wouldn't it? I don't even use pencils that often. I can't honestly remember the last time I used a pencil at work. Come to think of it I can't even be completely certain it's MY pencil mug...

FUCK!

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

Just received a general purpose email from the big-wigs... WORKING DURING SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS!

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:

But Snorton's got two cars he can't drive in cold conditions, and he was complaining about how public transport packs it in when there's snow even though his private transport is no use either.
But the only reason he can't use his Astra is because the headlights aren't working, because the fuse blew. And he's got a point about ABS - it's pretty useless in snow and ice.

Plus, as someone else pointed out - areas where busses etc run are gritted. And so a bus has less of an excuse for not running that someone's private car.

Don't get me wrong, I think Snorton is as much of a dickhead as the next guy, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Ringo

Snorton's next penis replacement:

-

[ 05.01.2010, 11:59: Message edited by: Ringo ]

New Way Of Decay

Don't tempt him man, he's got a void to fill.

--------------------

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. It's a bit cock-ish to see it as completely reasonable that your own transport can't deal with uncommon weather conditions and yet whinge like a twat because the public transport you ignore the rest of the year isn't some magically enhanced super-vehicle equipped for all conditions and is, in fact, subject to the same environmental factors stopping you from going to work. How, for example, if you can't get into work, can you expect the bus drivers to get in? Why would they be any more able to turn up to drive the busses in the first place? Perhaps you think that that busses are driven by magic elves made of superheated salt who live in the bus station rather than by other, human people who, like, Snorton, may find it difficult to get into work. Perhaps the busses have the same anti-locking braking system that "doesn't like the cold". As I understand it, busses and bus drivers operate in the same physical universe as the rest of us, and will therefore be subject to the same problems.

[ 05.01.2010, 12:08: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

mart
I think it's just human nature, isn't it?
Thorn Davis

Well, so is killing anyone you perceive as a threat, or trying to mount and impregnate as many women as you can, whether they want it or not, and fearing and hating things that are different to you. "It's human nature" isn't some all-purpose excuse for behaving however you want.
Black Mask

Okay, I'm now pretty sure the pencil mug isn't mine. It's got 'I'm Excellent!' printed on it. While I do, actually, think I am excellent, that's not the sort of thing I'd have emblazoned on a mug. This, of course, begs the question 'Whose mug is it?' and furthermore 'Why the fuck is it on my desk?'

No one's putting their hand up to owning it and no-one in my office (apart from me) is excellent.

--------------------
sweet

mart
I meant that we all often have unreasonable expectations of things that we shouldn't... umm... reasonably... expect to be as ace as we'd like them to be. Expecting buses to run when other road transport is struggling is one such... er... reasonable unreasonable expectation. I think, anyway.

I try not to think like that myself, but, y'know.

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+