Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 101)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine a worse concept for a game than one in which you play yourself.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just think of the online leaderboards.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
I'm always quick to remind myself that if my boss praises me and it causes pride, then they have won.

What have they won?
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I generally only care about feedback from peers. Feedback from superiors should be discounted, because it's tainted by your submissive position. Accepting praise from a superior is to accept your own subservience.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you need to join an organisation where 720 degree feedback is the norm, and the praise and encouragement you then receive from your peers will help you enjoy your job and push you to greater achievements.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fuck! my eyes have gone red.
Kanye West
TMO Member
oh, it's alright, it's just one eye. Panic over! What the fuck is 720 feedback? We do 360 here, and have to give ourselves appraisals. Or is 720 feedback a joke?
Tilde
TMO Member
Sorry about this, I've made my Shepard in ME2 look like a total dickhead. Frankly all the ladies in the game are way out of his league... is there any way I can change his face now?
Thorn Davis

quote:
oh, it's alright, it's just one eye. Panic over! What the fuck is 720 feedback? We do 360 here, and have to give ourselves appraisals. Or is 720 feedback a joke?

I don't know. No-one's been adequately able to explain the difference to me between 720 and 360. 720 is supposed to be when your manager gives you feedback, your peers, the people beneathe you and you yourself. But I think that's also 360 feedback. Maybe 720 is when your friends and family turn up to the office and start slagging off your work, along with every one else, like an intervention for an alcoholic.

Mainly, I think 720 degree feedback is a term created by consultants to make them sound gooder than ther consultants that only do 360 degree.

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Tilde:
Sorry about this, I've made my Shepard in ME2 look like a total dickhead. Frankly all the ladies in the game are way out of his league... is there any way I can change his face now?

I don't think so. Your best bet is to go around being horrible to everyone. If you get enough renegade points your skin cracks apart and your eyes glow red, which might make up for your awful face.
Ringo

If real life was like that it would be a lot easier to spot murderers and paedophiles
Kanye West
TMO Member
this is my commander Shepard
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
If real life was like that it would be a lot easier to spot murderers and paedophiles

Sounds like one of kanye's eyes are a paedo.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Thorn Davis

quote:
this is my commander Shepard

It always gives me a bit of a jolt when people refer to Shephard as a male, I've spent so long now playing Shephard as a woman, it almost seems to me like a defining element of the series. Especially because the voice actress is so good. She just absolutely nails it. When they talk about a Mass Effect film, I think "Hmm. Be good to have another strong fmeale character in sci-fi films" before remembering that if they do make a movie, they're unlikely to go with FemShep.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How utterly gripped in despair is Benway Shepherd? He looks like his space-dog just got run over.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Thorn Davis

Maybe he just got back from Tuchanka and found out that all his fish have died. Just out of shot is a dialogue wheel with the options "Kelly, I forgive you," and "Anyone can forget to feed some fish" and "You're going out the airlock for this" and BenwayShephard is agonising between these three choices.

[ 22.02.2010, 11:53: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Tilde
TMO Member
lol. I"m already gripped by the interactions between, Shepherd, Miranda and Jack. It's like Eastenders for 30something men.
Thorn Davis

I really liked Jack. After doing her loyalty mission my FemShep comforted her with the line "Shooting people in the head always makes things right". My face started to fall apart not long after that.
Ringo

Went bowling last night. Played three games with my friend who needed a bit of practice for his league bowling. Put my back out. I'm getting old [Frown]
Tilde
TMO Member
Is anyone else feeling a bit "emotionally involved" with mass effect 2?

I've only played 9 hours so far and initially I couldn't really care less about the characters. (bear in mind I never played Mass Effect 1) I was all like, oh yeah, Miranda, obviously I'm meant to try and chat her up, she's an Ice maiden, she's going to play it cool, the whole time.. until later on. Whatever... Still I bother her in her cabin a few times chatting about this and that, but with no real feelings either way, just kind of pressing the buttons the game wants me to press.

But a bit further on in the game - I suppose, specifically from the point of the loyalty mission, where she exposes a more vulnerable side, I suddenly feel really drawn-in to the story. I'm actually thinking about it afterwards, and the next day I really want to play the game.

There's actually a point when I'm doing the loyalty mission where I feel a bit sad that I'm not actually Shephard, flying around in a spaceship, Alpha Maleing it up with all these exciting relationship possibilities surrounding me and instead am just sat on a beanbag in a cold room, dressed in a wooly cardigan...

I mean, what's up with that?

It's confusing me a bit, because I think I've spent a while getting used to the fighting control system and I've kind of thought that that was the main point of the game - I guess I was playing it from a Halo ODST kind of viewpoint, but at it's core it's an RPG and RPG's are the kind of games that some players end up using as a life-replacement.

Kanye West
TMO Member
I loved Mordin more than anybody else, and certainly talked to him more than the other clowns on the ship. Took him out for most missions, usually teamed with Samara. Miranda looked a bit wrong-faced. Almost completely ignored Jack and Jacob. Jacob also looked a bit weird I thought.

[ 24.02.2010, 05:09: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
sounds like you're falling in love though, m9.
Ringo

Am I right in thinking that in Mass Effect you have a bunch of people you could become romantically involved with, depending on your interractions?

If so, are you able to become involved with members of the same sex or int he future have they finally found a genetic cure for gay?

Kanye West
TMO Member
I'm pretty sure that Shepard is straight. Try Dragon Age if you want to get your gay on.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Tilde:

It's confusing me a bit, because I think I've spent a while getting used to the fighting control system and I've kind of thought that that was the main point of the game - I guess I was playing it from a Halo ODST kind of viewpoint, but at it's core it's an RPG and RPG's are the kind of games that some players end up using as a life-replacement.

Yeah, I got very invested in Mass Effect 2. I wanted to be part of my Shepherd's gang, hang out with her and impress her. But that's all part of successfully building an imaginary world I think. Like reading a Jack Reacher novel and wishing you were travelling across America solving crimes. It fires your imagination.

I remember when ME1 came out and a few gamers complained that it was too short - mentioning you could complete the game in about 4 or 5 hours if you skipped the side missions and the conversations. That really seems to miss the point. Mass Effect is all about the interactions between characters - for me that's the actual meat of the game, and the shooting parts are the cool window dressing.

It still suprises me that no-one else has copied the dialogue wheel, given what a brilliant, engaging innovation it is. Playing Dragon Age, or Fallout 3, I really missed hearing my character speak, watching their facial expressions and so on. It makes a massive difference to the way you feel about the story and the characters.

Ringo

But I want to be gay in space. I want to be a pumped up, melon-bicepped, power armour wearing alpha male, who flies around the galaxy in an awesome spaceship laying waste to bad guys, but who is also a total bender.
Thorn Davis

Shepherd could never be gay. As you might find out during Samara's loyalty mission, Shepherd is a terrible dancer.

[ 24.02.2010, 05:25: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Ringo

That's a real shame that you can't make your Shepherd gay. In fact, I think it would be best if you had no choice but to be gay. And you could only advance through the storyline by seducing several other men throughout the game. Each time cutting to a little minigame where you control the kissing and heavy petting using quicktime events.

I can't actually think of a main character in a game who is gay. I suppose Sims are fairly sexually ambiguous.

[ 24.02.2010, 05:26: Message edited by: Ringo ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
mario seems pretty gay.
Kanye West
TMO Member
voldo?
Tilde
TMO Member
Gay Tony seems pretty gay.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 -

i would say gay.

Ringo

Yeah, that's true actually. He saves the princess like, hundreds of times, and yet never seems the remotest bit interested in her. Plus he looks like an extra from the Village People. And maybe there's something sybolic with him being a plumber and scurrying around all those pipes.

Ever think it's weird how they make a point of telling you that Mario is a plumber, and the game is really heavy on pipes, and yet there's no plumbing element in any of the Mario games whatsoever? Mario could easily have been a dentist, or a shop assistant. But he's a plumber, for no apparent reason.

Thorn Davis

Marcus Fenix? All the co-op achievements in Gears of War are references to gay love: "dom-curious" and "I wish I knew how to quite you". He certainly seems to care very deeply for his men and shows no interest in women.
Kanye West
TMO Member
a gay sam fisher. maybe that's how sam fisher dresses at the weekends.

[ 24.02.2010, 05:31: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+