Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 55)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Excellent. I loved that thread. I seem to remember someone throwing a hissy fit about it. Good times.

Yeah, I made a misjudged comment about how London's avatar looked like she could be the NWoD avatar's mum, and then it all *kicked off.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were awesome. Do they still exist anywhere?

Also, why can't I upload images any more?

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you still have the Sim Blogs somewhere Misc? It'd be more fun rereading the thread in context if so.

I'm mostly playing Moonlight Mahjongg Lite or Tap Tap Revenge on the iPhone at the moment.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that was all on my old server, which I got rid of a few years ago.

Don't know why the image hosting doesn't work. I can only assume that RalphBear™ has sabotaged it.

Ringo

Dear God, what have we done!?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
is anybody playing spore?

Yahtzee was
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, I tried Spore last night. Played it for about 7 or 8 hours in the end. I enjoyed it. Kind of reminded me of Giants: Citizen Kabuto in that it's a bunch of different games strung together. Spore doesn't have the humour of Giants, but it's entertaining enough. You start off controlling a cell floating around in some water, and if you've ever played FLOW then you'll recognise this sequence, as while the graphics are more cheerful and cartoony in Spore, it's essentially the same thing.

The point of the section is to grow large, and you also start having to decide on the type of limbs / appendages you want to use, with each addition adding a different attribute, like speed, biting, poison etc. This is basically how the evolution part of the game works - you collect these appendages as you go about your business, and collect points through eating, or fighting, or making allies, etc. You spend the points to be able to add the parts you've collected to your creature. All of these can be changed in terms of size and shape.

Anyway, once you grow big enough, you're on land, and there's in a small group of about four or five individuals in your species. There's a bunch of other species also on land, in little groups, and you have to go round either befriending them or killing them until you have gained enough points and evolved enough to move onto the next stage. After this stage, you don't physically evolve any more.

The next stage is a bit like a very cut down command and conquer - a larger group of your species now has a village. You hunt, gather food, and use this as resource to build huts that can create either weapons or musical instruments. You can overcome the other villages on the island either by killing them, or befriending them by playing music.

At this point you start to see animals created by other players of the game. It's a nice touch, but it doesn't really change the gameplay.

The last stage I played last night is the Civilization stage. It's basically command and conquer again, only on a planetary scale with a tiny bit of Civilization thrown in. I was playing as an aggressive species by this point (this is determined by how you've played in previous stages), so for me, the gameplay was mine the resource, build up cities, grow the population, build tanks, boats and planes to take down other cities and ultimately all other civilizations. There's like four different ways to play this section, so it's go replay I reckon. You also here get to design and build your units and your buildings, or you can use either pre-made ones, or go online and download ones that have been created by other players.

Anyway, I'm at the point where in space, but I haven't spent more than ten minutes on that, so I couldn't say if it was any good.

I like it, it's fun to make your creature and watch it grow, and to make the journey with it from single cell to space farer. Supposedly the space section of the game is massive.

Here's my first land dwelling version:

-

you can see there that it's got most of its water dwelling features still present. Here's the final version, in tribal gear:

-

[ 18.09.2008, 09:39: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold on, guys! I can't answer a million questions at once! I'll keep you updated as I progress. That's all I can promise.
MiscellaneousFiles

In PCZone's review, they made an animal that looks like a winkie.
Kanye West
TMO Member
clever.
MiscellaneousFiles

Yeah, well those guys are pretty talented.

I like the idea of Spore. I've followed its development progress for what must be years now. So what do you think? Should I buy it? Or should I get some Blu-Rays instead?

Which is better: Spore or some Blu-Rays?

Kanye West
TMO Member
I accidentally a coca cola bottle, is this bad?

[ 18.09.2008, 12:29: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a coca cola bottle
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a whole coca cola bottle?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 -
Kanye West
TMO Member
accidentally what?
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like to ask, myself.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
the whole fleshlight!
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deadlights?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
I accidentally a coca cola bottle, is this bad?

Get down to A&E. They'll be able to pierce it with a diamond-tipped drill and it should slide out quite easily once the vacuum's gone.
Kanye West
TMO Member
a coca-cola bottle
Ringo

Anyone getting Force Unleashed today then?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Apparently it's a bit shit so I probably won't. I did start downloading the demo, then forgot about it, and rarely log into xbox live to complete the download these days.

I'm quite tempted to get the new Madden game to be honest just for something a bit different to play. Has anyone tried any of the next gen madden games?

MiscellaneousFiles

Not today, no. [Frown]
Ringo

I am a bit disappointed to hear about all the glitches with the game. Seems crazy that they'd release it with bugs like that. Seems like maybe they were pressed to meet the release date and maybe it's not totally finished.

I might wait till they start releasing patches.

Shame because I was really looking forward to this one.

Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Apparently it's a bit shit so I probably won't. I did start downloading the demo, then forgot about it, and rarely log into xbox live to complete the download these days.

I'm quite tempted to get the new Madden game to be honest just for something a bit different to play. Has anyone tried any of the next gen madden games?

I played Madden 06 for points. Couldn't work out how to actually play the game though. It's all just choosing plays as far as I could tell, and then making a dude run towards another dude. Not much good. Why don't you give COD4 a go?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
Couldn't work out how to actually play the game though. It's all just choosing plays as far as I could tell, and then making a dude run towards another dude. Not much good. Why don't you give COD4 a go?

Fair enough. I did quite enjoy Madden on the Wii, but that's because I got good at making long runs using the motion sensing things and it was quite satisfying. Controlled Madden would be less fun I think.

I could try COD4. Is there still quite an active online element or has that died down?

Kanye West
TMO Member
still loads of people online.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I may trade in something and pick that up on Monday. I might trade in Viva Pinata so that I can get back on the xbox.
MiscellaneousFiles

Wonder if Teh Farce Unsheathed would be worth playing on Wii, with all the lightsabre combat stuff, despite the crappy graphics. Maybe I'll rent both from LoveFilm. That sounds sensible.
Ringo

I didn't read the review, but I know Gamespot gave it a worse score on the wee than it did on the proper consoles. Dunno if that's down to shitty graphics or broken gameplay though.
MiscellaneousFiles

Hmm. Well I've ditched Sky TV in favour of LoveFilm now, so I guess there's no harm in trying.

On a gaming related note, are you still in contact with that person who you mentioned might be able to hack and put XBMC on my old xbox?

Ringo

yus

I think he can still do it. Depends on whether or not he can still get the mod chips

Although I'm sure the last time I asked him he said there were so many hacked xboxes floating about, you'd be better off just buying a second hand one.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Although I'm sure the last time I asked him he said there were so many hacked xboxes floating about, you'd be better off just buying a second hand one.

Okay, thanks. But am I right in thinking that you can't buy them on ebay? Any ideas where to look / how much a second hand one would go for?
Ringo

I just completed Force Unleashed. Pretty good, better than the reviews were making out. Didn't really suffer any terrible graphical glitches either.

I enjoyed it and I think any star wars fan would too. Lots of nice new canon storyline stuff.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+