Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 59)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
poor kellifer [Frown]
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
I can't get very far on that. Skirt down, bra off, fed her sleeping pills, but still, whatever I do causes her to wake before orgasm. Hmm.

I think it's probably a very realistic sim, then.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Fionnula the Cooler
Tags are meant to be funny
 - posted      Profile for Fionnula the Cooler           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only ever come back here to talk about GAMES.

I'd just finished the first chapter of Dead Space and it was pretty fantastic, really, and as the second chapter was loading my 360 went FREEZE. And it's been doing that ever since. With every game I have. Within a minute of each game starting up. FREEZE. I had this problem a few months ago but it seemed to resolve itself. It appears to wait for high profile releases like Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Gears 2 before fucking itself up. My 360 hates me. I'm sending it away somewhere for a few weeks. What's Fable 2 like, then? It sounds shit/amazing.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided not to get Fable 2 and got Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata at £20 for both of them. That's got to be at least 150 hours entertainment for £20 which is pretty damn good value for money.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dead Space is pretty awesome. I don't think it's hugely original, and its creep atmosphere isn't anything that hasn't been done before. if you played Doom 3 you pretty much know what to expect.

But the presentation is brilliant and the way in which you have to think about how you bring down your enemies is pretty innovative.

I'm really enjoying it, but then I'm a huge wuss who always finds these things frightening.

Ringo

The more I play it, the more I'm really enjoying Dead Space. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's almost as good as the original Half Life
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorn was right about The Suffering. It is scary. The way those creeps leap out at you, and the ones with the syringes... The best £2.98 I ever spent on a game, so far. Morrowind was looking like it could swallow up a lot of time, so I've jettisoned that. I had a quick spin on Call of Cthulhu, that looks entertainingly daft and creepy, too. Again, a time vacuum, but one I'm prepared to submit to, I'm just waiting for the right moment. I also have The Thing on my To Play list. The Masketeers have been rocking Halo, Halo 2 and Project Gotham Racing. The twenty-odd quid I spent on an Xbox and a couple of controllers has turned out to be a complete bargain.

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Fable 2, but ended up playing Saints Row 2 all weekend. Some great moments there. Highlight was starring in a reality show, dressed as a cop, breaking up a mass pirates vs ninjas street fight using a chainsaw and some satchel charges. This game is the closest you can get to the thorn davis fantasy of firing a shotgun at a bus and having it explode in a shower of trampolining cheerleaders. And as I said, in co-op, it's amazing.

[ 27.10.2008, 06:42: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to buy Saint's Row 2 today. Mainly because I watched a video of someone kicking loads of people in the nuts on it yesterday to the theme of the final countdown. That sounds like epic entertainment.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I started Lost Odyssey on Friday. It seems excellent so far. Really moving storyline already and the characters have barely been introduced.

Combat so far is very simplistic but I've only fought the first batch of enemies so have no way of judging how it will be.

It is quite promising that in the first battle you actually had to use tactics rather than just hitting "attack" or something. Bodes well for later on.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah yes, on Destructoid. That does give a good impression of the game. It really is about having fun with violence.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Sounds perfect. I've just reserved that from Argos so will pick it up on the way home. I love buying computer games from argos. It makes me feel cheap.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I've not laughed as much since I had that meltdown on Halo 3.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Nice. Looking forward to it. I should be online this evening, Wednesday evening and Friday evening until about 9.30.

Also possibly the weekend if I can get out of going to a 30th birthday party of someone I don't really know in Reading.

Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Nice. Looking forward to it. I should be online this evening, Wednesday evening and Friday evening until about 9.30.

Also possibly the weekend if I can get out of going to a 30th birthday party of someone I don't really know in Reading.

wednesday should work for me.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Excellent. Gives me a chance to get used to the controls and get a bit into the game so I don't do really badly.
Ringo

Might get Bioshock once I finish Dead Space. Everyone was pretty impressed with that one, weren't they?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Bioshock was very good. Although everyone says that System Shock 2 was much better so I downloaded and installed that over the weekend but haven't have a chance to play it yet.
Ringo

My PC is crappy and doesn't play nice looking games, so I'm talking about the new PS3 version. But from what I gather it's basically the same game with a few tweaks.

Still really looking forward to LittleBigPlanet. It's a good time for games at the moment

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
System Shock 2 is quite an old game. It doesn't even run properly on Windows XP unless you do something funky with the install as it was designed for either 98 or 2k. It will run on pretty much any PC.

But, I'd definitely recommend getting Bioshock. It's so much fun. Any game where you can launch bees at your enemy is pretty much a must play.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:

Minimum System Requirements
System: Pentium-200 or equivalent
RAM: 32 MB
Video Memory: 4 MB
Hard Drive Space: 200 MB

Recommended System Requirements
System: PII 300 or equivalent
RAM: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 500 MB

I'd be impressed if your computer couldn't handle that Ringo.
Ringo

Yeah, I just meant I'd be getting the PS3 version of Bioshock rather than the PC version of it.

Anyway for the moment I'm having far too much fun with Dead Space to be too worried about what to get next.

After the disappointment I had with Force Unleashed, it's refreshing to see a game which really does deliver on all the hype, and then some.

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
quote:

Minimum System Requirements
System: Pentium-200 or equivalent
RAM: 32 MB
Video Memory: 4 MB
Hard Drive Space: 200 MB

Recommended System Requirements
System: PII 300 or equivalent
RAM: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 500 MB

I'd be impressed if your computer couldn't handle that Ringo.
My computer couldn't handle that. Do I win some sort of gaymer prize?
Ringo

Why do you even look at threads like this?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st prize. It's not computer related, though.

--------------------

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Why do you even look at threads like this?

because there's no posts elsewhere. and I'm bored. sorry, gaming fans.
[Frown]

[ 27.10.2008, 09:02: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

Look, stop acting so dejected. Why don't you make up a computer game that YOU, ralph would want to play?

--------------------

Ringo

Stop humouring him. This is supposed to be a thread about computer games. Stop letting him wank all over threads, man, just ignore the douchebag.
ralph

ringo's right. just ignore me. as you were.

eta: although I do think douchebag is a bit strong.

[ 27.10.2008, 09:44: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

It's a word so chock full of americana though.

--------------------

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Still really looking forward to LittleBigPlanet. It's a good time for games at the moment

I must admit I haven't bought any games for a while (lack of spends) and have been a little out of touch with what's up and coming - I'd seen the news article fleetingly about the delay to this caused by upsetting some stupid fundamentalists, but skipped even the name of it.

A little research and they are really giving this one the hype, but I still can't really see what the purpose of the game is - apart from putting stickers up all around your pod and pushing things about, I don't seem to be able to grasp the actual concept - I know its a platform type thing, but you actually just build the platforms and share them? Is that it? Sounds a bit strange to me, but like I said I think I am completely missing the point - anyone care to educate me or should I just go back to playing pong or something.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Ringo

Well, it'shard to tell you the exact details of a game I've never played, but I think at its core it's basically a 3d platform game for which you can design levels. But a lot more as well, because it's based around having an online community sharing and modifying each others' ideas, and playing together to get through the levels other people have designed. Also, it has a really powerful physics engine which means that not only can you create basic platforms, but you can also create complex machines. The idea is that the only limit really is your imagination (and presumably patience)

Have a look at the Gamespot review, it goes into some detail on what the game's all about.

Kanye West
TMO Member
I thought it was more like a platformer crossed with The Incredible Machine
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I heard it was Super Mario Bros crossed with Lego.

Looks good though. A modern interpretation of the classic 2D (okay, quasi 3D) platformer, that incorporates many recent game developments (physics engine, co-op play, spangly graphics, user-created content, etc). From what I've seen so far, it looks like my kind of game.

Ringo

Yeah something like that. Hard to say really without playing it. Either way it seems like they're trying to make something fairly original and fun so I'm eager to find out what it's like. Sackboy seems like quite a cute little fellow too.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+